Legal Assistant and Law Clerk Resume Sample – Entry-Level
By Mark Swartz
With your Legal Assistant diploma in hand, it’s time to start looking for a suitable job. You can find work as a legal assistant (or law clerk) at both public and private law firms.
In addition, you can also pursue law clerk opportunities in government agencies, courts, financial and insurance firms, real estate companies and corporate head offices.
Judge for yourself the sample resume below, then draft a version of your own. You’ll need one when applying for legal assistant or law clerk jobs on Monster.ca.
Derek Milano, Dip. Legal Assistant
1203-745 Third Avenue North, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, S7K 2H7
(306) 555-5555 email@example.com Facebook URL
Seeking a Legal Assistant position with a local law firm. Will use my exceptional office management skills and educational background in law to assist in orchestrating a smooth flow of legal operations.
Saskatoon Business College
Dip. Legal Assistant December 2015
• Accounting and Bookkeeping Basics
• Administrative Law
• Business Organization Practices
• Governmental Legal Procedures
• Legal Research
• Legal Analysis and Writing
• Litigation and Trial Processes
• Real Property and Real Estate
• Torts: Personal Injury Litigation
• Wills and Testaments
Saskatoon Immigration Bureau 2015
Spent 5 hours a week assisting Immigration Lawyers with legal support services. Learned how to interact with clients, process files, input data into proper online forms, and convey standard legal information to new and applying immigrants.
• Working knowledge of investigating the facts of a case
• Conducting research on pertinent laws, regulations, and legal articles
• Writing reports to assist lawyers prepare for trials
• Able to organize and present the information in a factual way
• Hands-on experience in keeping the case information in computer databases
• Knowledge of drafting letters, contracts and mortgages
• Proficient in managing clerical duties pertinent to a law office
- Extensive use of Word, basic abilities with Excel, Powerpoint
- Data entry in PcLaw for trust and general accounts and monthly reconciliation
- Searching on CanLII, Quicklaw and LawSource