Pomeroy Lodging LP
We are looking for an experienced 1st cook to join our fast-paced kitchen team. We offer top-of-market wages and excellent perks.
As the 1st Cook, you are authorized to support a team of culinary professionals in creating inspired and memorable dining experiences for our guests. You will achieve this by executing a culinary program that matches the brand experience, ensuring quality is delivered every time and making business decisions that are focused on upholding the highest standards in guest service while delivering against key financial goals and performance metrics.
- Competitive wages and Health and Wellness benefit plan
- Paid on the job training with additional learning opportunities
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Pomeroy Stay Travel Program
The job duties are as follows:
- Does not accept mediocrity in the delivery of service on their shift. Able to evaluate the status quo and is able to recommend improvements for the performance department. Does not let operational roadblocks hamper their ability to deliver quality; finds creative solutions.
- Their department is perceived as a centre of excellence and they are called upon to share their technical knowledge and best practices with their peers throughout the business.
- Plans and organizes the culinary team in the preparation of food items. Ensure consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte and/or buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards.
- Assists Executive Chef with menu ordering, inventory, and daily production planning.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment with strict adherence to Health and Safety SOP's. Is conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment for all team members.
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards and gives direction to the culinary team.
- Maintains full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions. Is able to manage quality standards for creation to table service.
- Supervises the activities of the culinary team and provides coaching and feedback as needed. This includes training staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food.
Successful candidates must have the following credentials:
Education & Experience:
- Two years of culinary experience and strong supervisory skills capable of motivating, leading and developing associates
- Previous leadership experience in the culinary field required
- Previous tenure as 1st cook or Sous Chef in hotel property is considered an asset
- Journeyman's papers or international equivalent required
- Valid Foodsafe certification or advanced (Level 2) Food Safety certification is preferred
- Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
This position may work long days and/or weekends to meet periodic upturn in business demands. This position is set in a fast-paced environment on your feet with high levels of interaction with employees, managing multiple and competing priorities.
Team You Will Lead:
Daily Culinary Team Supervision
About Pomeroy Lodging
Pomeroy Lodging is Western Canada’s leader in hospitality and lodging. Driven to meet every need, we own and operate a comprehensive range of hotels and resorts throughout the West. Our investment goes well beyond the walls of our hotels and the land we build on. Pomeroy Lodging is committed to investing heavily in our people, properties, and communities.
Pomeroy Lodging LP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Pomeroy Lodging LP does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status, age, gender, race, religion, sexual identification, or any other legally protected characteristics.