1064003 B.C.Ltd. DBA Liuyishou Hot Pot
Salary: $31.73 per hour ($5,500per month)
Terms of Employment: Permanent Full Time
Hours: 40 hours per week. Additional hours as may be necessary to complete duties, and may have to work on holidays, weekends, shift, day and evening.
Work Location: 1542 Robson Street, Vancouver, BC V6G 1C2
Chongqing Liuyishou Hotpot was founded in 2000, which is a famous enterprise specializing in management of hot pot chain and franchisees. It began as a corner shop and expanded to become a giant international food group with more than 1,000 branches, covering 31 provinces in China, and many other places in the United States, Canada, Dubai, Singapore, Australia, Macau etc. Liuyishou Hot Pot arrived in Canada in 2014 and the first hot pot restaurant was set up in Richmond, BC. Liuyishou International Management Company (Canada) Ltd. was subsequently established in August 2015 to set up more hot pot restaurants and currently it has three hot pot restaurants in Greater Vancouver. Liuyishou hot pot specializes in a traditional Chongqing hot pot cuisine featuring tabletop cooking served in a metal pot filled with herbs and spices.
- Determine how food should be presented according to the standard of head office.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Recruit, hire and training staff, including cooks and other kitchen workers.
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs.
- Meet with customers to discuss menus for special occasions such as weddings, parties, and banquets
- Meet with sales representatives in order to negotiate prices and order supplies.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers.
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Assist in supporting the process of preparation of stores in the breakeven point.
- Handle all matters in a professional manner.
- Be creative in order to develop and prepare recipes according to company’s standard.
- Always be loyal, honest and trustworthy, open-minded, and frank to the employer and your co-workers.
- Completion of vocational training as a cook is required
- Five to seven years of previous cooking experience in a Chinese restaurant, Hot Pot or Sichuan restaurant is required
- Must have a good knowledge of all kinds of food ingredients and spices
- Ability to conduct on-site demonstration of hands-on techniques and production process of various kitchen products
- Have strong supervisory, leadership, hands-on management and coaching skills
- Communication skill, working with others, problem solving, critical thinking, job task planning and organizing, significant use of memory and continuous learning
- Ability to supervise 3-4 people
We offer a competitive package which includes Performance Bonuses, Medical & Dental Insurance and high tip income to the right candidate.
If you are interested in the Head Chef position, please send your resume by email at email@example.com. We welcome qualified candidates contact us by email and submit resumes. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.