Gigg Express Inc. - Mississauga, ON
$50,000 a year - Full-time, Permanent
Title: Junior/Senior Accountant
Pay Rate: $50000-$70,000/year (non-negotiable)
The Accountant will be responsible for supporting the Controller in executing the day-to-day Finance operations of GIGG Express Inc. Specifically, the Accountant will support the Controller with ongoing compliance activities, including reporting, audit and management of the Company’s books and records. The Accountant will support the Controller with month-end, quarter-end and year-end close reconciliations including ad hoc projects focused on Tax and Audit. The Accountant will also execute day-to-day functions such as expenses, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Support the Accounts Payable function and Administration. Includes corporate expenses, month end wires, Accounts Payable, bank reconciliations and maintenance of the annual budget
- Manage the filing of returns and payments within prescribed timelines
- Data entry of invoices and apply payments to accounts/invoices
- Assist in researching, tracking, and resolving discrepancies
- Prepare, balance and complete cheque runs for various vendors
- Maintain various records, spreadsheets, and documents
- Prepare financial statements and notes
- Adhere to all policies and follow established procedures.
- Other AP and accounting duties as assigned.
- Lead M/E, Y/E closing process to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and make sure inter company G/L accounts are balanced
- Assist with P & L budget & forecast. Provide trend and variance analyze on P & L
- Conducting complete analysis & reconciliations on all fuel transactions, price, efficiency on weekly basis.
- Review daily bank transactions & cashed cheque images every day and prepare daily bank status report to assist management doing foreign exchange
- Provide 8 weeks’ weekly cash forecast and projection report to assist management make decisions on exchange and investment
- Maintain fixed asset and capital lease asset files and calculate monthly depreciation
- Review capital lease contracts and prepare lease payment amortization schedules
- Complete and review monthly expense allocations between inter companies, create inter-co invoices, and ensure inter-co settlements are done
- Assist in audits, preparation of audit work papers and year end audit packages
- Various financial projects as required
- MUST have college diploma or degree in accounting, business, finance, or a related field
- Must have 3-4 years of experience in similar role
- CPA designation or working towards it will be considered an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of clerical accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Computer literacy, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook - Knowledge of Sage 300 is an asset
- Good time management skills - Know how to prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent attention to detail with accurate data entry skills and analytical skill
- Work well both independently and in a team
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbal and written
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude. Able to maintain confidential information
If you meet the above qualifications, please submit your resume.
Please note that while we appreciate all applications, only those being considered will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES PLEASE!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
- Accounting: 3 years (preferred)
- CPA designation or are you working towards it (preferred)