Small Comminty, Big heart! The Township of Bonfield is looking for an energetic Office Clerk with excellent communication skills.
The primary purpose of the Office Clerk II is to ensure that all administrative functions as it relates to the township office, are completed under the direction of the Deputy Clerk-Treasurer. This position will from time-to-time, support administrative facets from all municipal departments and work closely with township residents.
- Full receptionist tasks and responsibilities including greeting township residents in person, by phone or email. Provide responses to general inquiries or direct public to appropriate departments based on their request.
- Process payments either in person or online for all payments which includes taxes, licenses, permits, certificates and other revenues.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail.
- Undertake bookkeeping tasks including reconciliation of cash receipt journal, perform daily cash deposits, processing cheques and payments.
- Support preparing council and committee meeting minutes and agendas, municipal by-laws, forms, licenses, permits, newsletters and other correspondence as required.
- Monitor stocks of office supplies and replenish when there are shortages.
- Utilize office equipment such as photocopier, printers, fax machines and computers.
- Assist in office management and organization procedures.
- Update the Township website as needed.
- Perform other office duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with office procedures and basic accounting principles.
- Customer service skills to appropriately handle inquiries from the public and judgement to escalate as necessary to appropriate departments.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Knowledge of office equipment (copiers, fax, computers) and computer software (Microsoft Office Suite, online applications).
- Very good organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
- Can work well under pressure to meet deadlines, adaptable to changing circumstances.
Education and Experience
- Completion of high school diploma. Completion of post-secondary education in office administration considered an asset.
- Reception and/or office administrative experience.
- Customer service experience.
If you are applying for this role, you should have current legal working rights in Canada. As part of our interview process, you may be subject to background inquiries.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. Please indicate on your application if you are a person with a disability and require accommodation during the recruitment process.