Hiring Procurement Manager
Advintive is a pioneer in the design and supply of forward-thinking communications solutions using wireless spectrum frequencies.
As part of our expansion plan, we are currently hiring a Procurement Manager who will be responsible for the management of purchasing strategy and activity and for ensuring optimal supplier performance and price. The Procurement Manager will work alongside the senior management team in contributing to overall business objectives.
Job title: Procurement Manager
Employment terms: Permanent, Full time
Company Name: Advanced Interactive Canada Inc. dba Advintive
Employment location: 312 – 8988 Fraserton Court Burnaby, BC V5J 5H8
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Plan, create, direct, and implement best practice procurement vision, strategies, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- Identify suppliers and vendors for savings and value-added opportunities, perform detailed due diligence and initiate partnerships with them.
- Negotiate contract terms with key suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance.
- Prepare the annual Purchasing budget and forecasts and all capital expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with customers and legal requirements. Manage the budget from identification to completion of projects.
- Provide financial management support to IT stakeholders. Develop the financial models necessary to provide analyses to suppliers and vendors proposals during contract negotiations;
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business in terms of costs and quality of services and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
- Provide insightful advice on telecommunications systems to stakeholders requiring significant skills managing challenging, nuanced relationships with customers.
- Maintain knowledge of the telecommunications marketplace and how the suppliers deliver their products and services.
- Develop effective relationships and successfully collaborate with all relevant suppliers, vendors, stakeholders, including, but not limited to, IT, legal, risk, privacy and independent teams and client services professionals.
- Oversee the recruitment, hiring and training of new staff.
- Bachelor Degree
- At least 5 years of experience in procurement / supply chain management
- Knowledge and technical understanding of the telecommunication industry
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Proven contract management and supplier experience
- Experience of operating and influencing at a strategic level
- Language: English
Wage: $41.00 per hour
Additional Skills Requirements:
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers
- Strong and confident negotiator with the ability to negotiate at all levels
- Excellent Communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Results orientated with ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Commercially and financially astute with experience of managing budgets
To apply please email your CV/Resume to email@example.com with the position / job title in the subject.