Summer Camp Counsellors
St Catharines, ON
We are still looking for camp counsellors to work for Ridley's Summer Programmes from now until August 27, 2021.
Summer of 2021 promises to provide a unique experience for every student as Ridley is offering a host of innovative day opportunities for local students.
We have opportunities for dedicated, responsible and enthusiastic individuals to lead and assist in our various summer programmes that could include: Multi-Sport, Lego Robotics, Science, Basketball, CSI Ridley and Performing Arts.
· Implement an educational and recreational weekly curriculum for various summer programmes;
· Create a positive environment for all participants, students and other staff members;
· Model good sportsmanship and maintain an enthusiastic attitude;
· Maintain accurate records including incident reports and attendance.
· Follow and enforce all safety guidelines and procedures;
· Maintain discipline throughout activities;
· Participate with in-pool supervision;
· Reports all accidents/incidents, behavioural issues and program concerns to the Day Programme Supervisor;
· Ensure camp supplies are maintained weekly;
· Communicate with parents about the campers’ experiences;
· Other duties as required;
· Experience working with children in an educational setting;
· Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team;
· Ability to problem solve effectively;
· Physical ability to lead and participate in program activities;
· Vigilant and punctual;
Ridley College offers a positive and inclusive workplace community with a competitive compensation package; innovative, challenging and rewarding opportunities; a learning environment that promotes professional development and personal growth; active community involvement; and, a beautiful campus setting in the heart of Niagara that engages and inspires our employees to flourish.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are encouraged to upload their resumes in the fields on the right side of this page.
As a condition of employment, a satisfactory Vulnerable Persons Screening Report must be provided. While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Ridley College is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible and equitable environment where everyone feels respected, valued and supported. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used in order to ensure your equal participation.
“We inspire flourishing lives to transform our globe.”