Team Lead, Production Planning
Irving Shipbuilding Inc.
TEAM LEAD, PRODUCTION PLANNING
Located at 3099 Barrington Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3K 5M7 and 35 Mic Mac Boulevard, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, B3A 4Y8 Irving Shipbuilding has a proud history as Canada’s shipbuilder. A proud member of the J.D. Irving, Limited family of companies, we have been building quality vessels and fabricated modules for more than 50 years, and our Halifax Shipyard has been at the forefront of Canadian shipbuilding for 130 years.
Since 2012, we have invested more than $400 million in facilities, people, processes, and technology, making Halifax Shipyard one of the most modern and capable shipyards in the world. Over the next 30 years our shipbuilders will construct 23 modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of Canada’s National Shipbuilding Strategy, the largest defence procurement in Canadian history.
This year, we delivered the lead Arctic and Offshore Patrol Ship, the largest Navy ship built in Canada in 50 years. And we’re just getting started. We’re growing our team with career-defining opportunities that will revitalize Canada’s shipbuilding industry and provide Canada’s sailors with the ships they need to protect Canada’s interests at home and abroad. Our workforce of over 2,000 will grow to more than 2,800 at peak construction of the Canadian Surface Combatants.
We have built more than 80% of Canada’s current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on the ships, including the Halifax-class frigates.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc.is hiring a Team Lead, Production Planning. This is a full-time permanent position based in the Halifax Regional Municipality and the primary language of work is English.
• Years of Experience Required:
o 8+ years of experience in a planning and or production environment
o 8+ years of experience in a new build Shipbuilding industry
• Thorough knowledge of Shipbuilding basics, stage of construction, new build, routing, etc.
• High levels of familiarization with ship construction terminology
• Ability to read drawings specific to new build ship construction
• Experience using Cloudis, Aveva, S3D, MS excel and Autocad would be considered an asset
• Candidates who identify capability and experience of working with one or more of the following disciplines will be considered an asset: Electrical, Pipe, HVAC, Structural, Joiner, Mechanical, Outfit Steel
• Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule activities of planners.
• Co-ordinate scheduled and unscheduled work activities with other units
• Recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
• Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
• Prepare production and other reports
• Manage creation of job pack schedule in accordance with the integrated master schedule and work package schedule in Aveva
• Assign resources, to the skill level, based on allocated budgets, and norms
• Attend / conduct look-ahead meetings prior to job start with all players, to review, discuss, amend and approve job packs
• Liaise with other discipline Planning Team Leaders
• Interface with the warehousing team to proactively resolve any impending material kit issues
• Work closely with production control to feedback any updates/changes to the job to ensure accurate and timely monitoring and control
• Attend close out meetings to confirm each job is fully completed and obtain continuous improvement feedback for implementation
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
• A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan;
• Employee & Family Assistance Programs;
• RRSP matching program;
• Health & Wellness reimbursements;
• Opportunities to take part in job related training and development;
• Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Shipbuilding and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies;
• Comprehensive relocation package.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
For further details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.