Information About Cookies on Monster
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a text file stored on your computer. Cookies store bits of information that we use to help make our site work. They can’t run any code and don’t contain viruses. No one can read our cookies except us.
- Certain cookies are essential to the proper function of this site
- We don’t track your personal activities when you’re not on Monster sites unless you click on one of our ads on those sites
- We use analytics cookies to help us understand what content is most useful to our visitors
Types of Cookies We Use
- Security: These cookies allow us to secure access to your account
- Preference: These cookies are used to store your preferences like language choice and display of job search results
- Analytics: We track site traffic patterns so we can identify popular site content and potential site problems
- Advertising: We use non-identifiable information about you to show you advertising on our site
Your Choices Regarding Cookies
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being set, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
If you have a different browser type or version, please refer to your browser's "Help" menu.
- Click on the Chrome menu, and then select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- In the Privacy section, click Content settings to choose your preferred settings.
For instructions on deleting cookies in Chrome, click here.
- Click on the Firefox button (or Tools menu), and then select Options. For Mac OS X users, click on the Firefox menu, and then select Preferences.
- Click on the Privacy panel to choose your preferred settings.
- For more specialized cookie settings, set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history.
For instructions on deleting cookies in Firefox, click here.
Safari 5.1 and Later (Mac OS X)
- Click on the Safari menu, and then select Preferences.
- Click on the Privacy tab to display cookie settings.
- Choose your preferred settings.
- For more specialized cookie settings, click on Details.
For instructions on deleting cookies in Safari, click here.
Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, and 10
- Click on the Tools menu, and then select Internet Options.
- Click on the Privacy tab.
- Move the slider to choose your preferred settings.
- For more specialized cookie settings, click on Sites or Advanced.
For instructions on deleting cookies in Internet Explorer, click here.
- Click on More menu, and then select Settings.
- Under Advanced Settings, click View advanced settings.
- Under Privacy and services - Cookies choose your preferred settings.
For instructions on deleting cookies in Microsoft Edge, click here.