(CONTRACTOR) Occupant Safety Certification Specialist
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
From its first helicopter manufacturing facility in 1984 to the production of A220 Family single-aisle jetliners today, Airbus has significantly increased its presence in Canada.
Airbus' ties to Canada were deepened in October 2017 when Airbus sought to acquire a majority stake in the C Series Aircraft Limited Partnership (renamed Airbus Canada Limited Partnership in June 2019), the entity that manufactures and sells Bombardier's single-aisle C Series jets- rebranded the A220 Family, with its two versions designated the A220-100 and A220-300. The partnership markets, manufactures and supports the A220 Family worldwide.
In your role, you will:
- Produce, write and review certification test plans, test reports and compliance reports
- Troubleshoot certification activities with the supplier for Occupant Safety disciplines
- Work with DAD's and specialists, as well as with the design, integration and support teams to generate compliance
- Discuss and establish strategies for compliance and test programs with the supplier for new customers
- Recommend and lead process and performance improvements
- Support and coordinate the review of certification deliverables
- Participate to Change Management processes and interact with other functions and integration teams as needed
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a Bachelor degree in Engineering
- You have minimum 5 years of working experience and knowledge of regulatory requirements (AWM 525, 14CFR Part 25, CS 25) related to Occupant Safety
- You are familiar with aircraft design, certification and manufacturing
- You are well organized
- You like challenges, are able to work under pressure and able to manage your priorities
- You have a working knowledge of regulatory requirements (AWM 525, 14CFR Part 25, CS 25) related to Flammability is an asset
- You have knowledge of CATIA V5, Enovia is an asset
- You are bilingual (English and French)
- You have strong leadership and communication skill such that you are able to communicate, align and influence stakeholder
Please upload your resume in French and English.
As a leader in our field, Airbus Canada Limited Partnershipprovides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Airbus provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for North American positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment.