- Confidently builds lasting customer relationships by initiating outbound calls, and using Teams when customer is agreeable to build relationships with decision-makers.
- Informs customers on Essendant’s complete portfolio, promotions, marketing tools, and digital services available, assisting in the effort of growing the business.
- Initiates new customer relationships with Essendant and undertake initial solution development necessary to create lasting relationships with the customer.
- Coordinates the involvement of internal resources, including support, service and management resources, transportation and pricing, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Ensures complete customer satisfaction by working with appropriate internal resources for problem resolution, product management, and operational needs.
- Negotiates pricing and/or bid support as necessary to acquire new business or regain lost business.
- Collaborates, coordinates and strategizes with customers and Field counterparts to define detailed growth strategies to grow customer business.
Effective Sales Representative Skills, Behaviors
- Identifies sales opportunities through their website and account profiling, and develops plans tailored to the customer’s business model.
- Solicits new business to customers by offering support in all product categories, leveraging internal specialists if necessary.
- Sells solutions using Essendant’s Core Values and Guiding Actions, along with other objectives deemed critical by the company and in annual goals.
- Generates sales and margin growth while being cognizant of EBITDA.
- Plans and organizes calls and activities for the day in order to maximize sales and meet key metrics.
Discipline of Management Processes and Tools
- Educates and is a consultant to customers on Company products, values, services, and marketing tools available to help grow customer business.
- Promotes Company freight and pricing plans and programs, Company Customer Training, where available, and the use of the both self-serve, and Customer Care Centers as appropriate for each customer.
- Provides bids and updates and maintains ad hoc touchpoints with customer stakeholders.
- Conducts annual and semi-annual internal and external business reviews
- Preparing research around market trends, customer needs, and cross/up-sell opportunities. Gain insights to customer’s short and long term frequent business reviews and is informed of innovations available in the business.
- Provides assigned accounts with company's products, programs, and services to assist in the development of business.
- Completes accurate and timely sales and personal administration tasks including weekly internal review of sales results
- Understands and demonstrates Essendant’s Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Covers for SMB counterparts’ territories while they are out of the office for a week or longer.
Skills/Knowledge of the Ideal Candidate
- Assessment of sales drivers, decision makers, and viable deals.
- Skilled at remote relationship development and maintenance skills
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to close sales.
- Business acumen to discuss and develop solutions tailored to a broad set of customer needs through the ability to assess customer needs, probe for objections and look for creative solutions to promote/sell the company’s products and/or services.
- Identify mutually beneficial initiatives for growth for both Essendant and the customer.
- Compelling articulation of the unique Essendant value proposition.
- General expertise in customers industry/market
- Excellent ability to communicate with customers at all levels of management – strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of competition within a sales environment.
- Understanding of e-business and e-marketing.
- Strong application and understanding of pricing strategies.
- Strong knowledge of distribution, customer service, and procurement/expediting processes.
- Excellent follow up skills to ensure timely resolution in meeting customer needs.
- Strong time management skills, including ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong results orientation.
- Excellent ability to work cross functionally within the organization.
- Strong knowledge of company applications and systems.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree in Business/Marketing or equivalent experience required
- Minimum three (3) years Sales or related experience.