Administrative Assistant - PFT - Surgery Program
Hours:Monday to Friday - 8 Hour Days (8am-4pm) with ability to flex schedule to attend early morning or late evening meetings as required and adapt to the job requirements.
This position will provide administrative support to the clinical Program Director, Physician Chiefs/Co-Chiefs and program staff as required.
This is what you will be doing:
- Provide administrative support to the clinical program including the Program Director and Physician Leaders and other members of the leadership team
- Arrange meetings and presentations, attend meetings and take minutes
- Interact with calendars, coordinate meetings and room bookings
- Ensure required meeting materials are prepared
- Assist with preparation of reports, presentations and correspondence utilizing computer skills and programs
- Program reception duties as required, including: responding to in person, telephone and e-mail inquiries
- Organize program documentation
- Payroll entry for specified members of the leadership team
- Issuing purchase orders for the department
- Provide back up support to other clinical programs as required
- Act as a liaison on behalf of the department with internal and external customers
- Promote effective communication with internal and external customers
- Other supportive duties as assigned
- Maintains a high level of customer service
This is what you will need to do it:
Halton Healthcare is seeking individuals who are competent in their chosen profession; patient/customer focused; team players; effective communicators; caring and respectful and are fiscally responsible.
- Office Administration College Diploma
- 3 year + previous experience working within an administrative support function for multiple people required
- Medical terminology certificate or equivalent experience preferred
- Previous experience working in an acute care hospital setting
- Previous experience with physician on-call and staff schedules
- Demonstrated success in a customer service oriented environment required
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task with a proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Project management experience preferred
- Self-directed with excellent organizational skills
- Superior communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates tact, diplomacy and ensures confidentiality is maintained
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint required
- Understanding and commitment to hospital mission and values
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
Date Posted: August 10, 2021
Internal Deadline:August 17, 2021
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
W e thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
I understand that in accordance with your COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, I will be required to be fully compliant as a condition of employment. Compliance requires that I become fully vaccinated or provide proof of a documented medical exemption from the vaccine.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.