Aircraft Painter - Peterborough Location
Flying Colours Corp - FCCN
Flying Colours Corp is a global leader in all aspects of aircraft completions and maintenance. With facilities in Canada, USA, and Singapore our continued growth and success is driven by our talented workforce that embody our core values: integrity, innovation and flexibility.
Due to continued growth in our businesses, we have a requirement for an Aircraft Painter to join our Team at our Peterborough, Ontario location.
Aircraft Painters are responsible for safely and efficiently painting all aircraft in accordance with customers' specifications as well as any instruction of the Crew Leader. Aircraft painters prepare, prime, and paint aircraft exteriors. They are required to mix, blend and match paints.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare aircraft for the paint process, including: masking, washing, and sanding.
- Prime aircraft according to proper procedures.
- Mix, blend and match paint.
- Paint aircraft according to proper procedures as instructed by the manufacturer and Flying Colours Corp.
- Perform quality inspection after paint completion.
- Complete required documentation in accordance with AS9100 standards, Flying Colours Corp.'s policies and procedures and applicable Transport Canada and Federal Aviation Administration guidelines.
- Perform work in accordance with all Transport Canada and Federal Aviation Administration guidelines.
- Maintain professional work habits at all times.
- Communicate with employees and customers in a professional manner.
- Report to your workstation for your regularly scheduled shift prior to your start time.
- Meet with your Crew Leader to receive specific job task:
- Ask questions to obtain clarity on Crew Leader's expectations (quality and timing);
- Complete assigned work in compliance with training received and continuous instruction from the Crew Leader;
- When task is complete, have your Crew Leader sign-off and accept the next task. If the Crew Leader states that the job is incomplete or does not meet quality requirements; inquire what FCC expectations are and which specific area(s) require rework. Ask for clarification to ensure understanding.
- Inform Crew Leader of any necessary tools, equipment and supplies needed to perform task(s) (including items from Stores)
- Report to Crew Leader on progress of assigned task, discrepancies and recommendations.
- Complete timecards daily and ensure that the snag/task card information is correct.
- Perform work in a productive, diligent, careful and safe manner.
- Complete any special projects or other tasks as required or assigned. May be assigned to other areas of operations, based on business needs or customer requirements.
- Work in compliance with all Administrative, Health and Safety policies and procedures as per legislative requirements and as outlined in Company policies.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Good physical condition since heavy lifting and climbing may be required.
- Manual dexterity and good hand-eye coordination.
- Frequent need to give concentrated attention, either hearing or seeing to work being performed.
- Noticeable pressure from deadlines, production quotas, accuracy or similar demands exists
This is a full-time (FT) position where hours will change due to business operational needs and flexibility is required:
FT Rotational Shift (2 weeks on days & 2 weeks on afternoons)
- Day Shift: 6am to 3pm
- Afternoon Shift: 2:45pm to 11:45pm
We offer competitive compensation to qualified and highly motivated candidates. Please note that applicants for these positions must have current status to work in Canada in order to be considered for this opportunity.
How to Apply
Please apply online athttps://flyingcolourscorp.aaimtrack.com/jobs.
While we appreciate all resumes received,we can only contact directly those applicants under consideration for interview.
Flying Colours Corp. is proud to participate in the Legislated Employment Equity Program (LEEP). We welcome applications from all qualified candidates including candidates representing the four designated groups: Women, member of Visible Minorities, Aboriginal Peoples and Persons with Disabilities.