LOOKING for an API Developer for our Crown Corporation client.
Duration: 10 months (full/part-time)
Location: Ottawa (remote to start)
Security Clearance Required: Enhanced ReliabilityRequired Skills/ Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with production software integrations in an enterprise environment
- Working experience with C#, Azure Dev Ops, Azure Serverless Functions, Azure API Management
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure preferably with serverless development
- Experience working with relational databases and NoSQL databases
- Experience designing, implementing, and consuming RESTful APIs
- Fluency in English (verbal and written)
- An active listener and tactful communicator with the strong interpersonal skills needed to work with various stakeholders, eliminate ambiguity, manage expectations, and tactfully push when needed.
- A multitasker capable of prioritizing and managing your time and multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, time-sensitive, results-oriented environment.
- Empathetic and able to understand issues from different perspectives and accurately articulate client goals, needs, difficulties, and points of view.
- Someone who is thoughtful and curious with a tendency to ask "why" questions and the drive to apply a broad understanding of your work towards the creation of better solutions to challenges.
- A lifelong learner who is naturally drawn to acquiring new skills, learning about new subjects, and sharing knowledge with others who are interested.
- Experienced in business analysis/ business systems analysis and data modeling with complex enterprise software.
- Comfortable speaking at a solution architecture level about data structures and data migration.
- Collaborating with other implementation team members to understand and meet customer requirements, as documented in a project plan
- Participating in the design of migration and integration solutions
- Using a variety of technologies including various serverless frameworks to integrate technology elements with other systems used by the customer and/or migrate data from other systems
- Producing high quality, secure, scalable, performant code as part of middleware, integration, and migration components
- Collaborating with and mentor your team members
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation on integration and migration solutions
- Transferring knowledge at the end of a project to customer staff
- Actively participating in knowledge-sharing sessions as a presenter and as an attendee
- Practicing continuous learning
- Applying your continually improving understanding of knowledge of client’s software, SDLC practices, and the industry in general.
- Practicing rigor and discipline in following procedures while proactively contributing to quality and the improvement of procedures and processes to benefit the client and its teams and clients.
- Occasionally collaborating in the pre-sales process to contribute to the understanding of requirements, scope and/or project plans.