Bilingual Registered Nurse
Founded in 2015, Maple is a fast-growing health tech company with a vision to power the future of healthcare by building a connected and superior experience for patients, doctors, and other types of health providers.
We offer virtual care services across multiple distribution channels, including Direct-to-Consumer ("D2C"), Employers and Private Insurers ("B2B"), Government Funded Entities ("B2G"), and through clinical software licensing ("Licensing"). With a growing network of 1,600 healthcare providers and more than 2 million Canadians with access to our services, Maple is one of Canadaâ€™s fastest-growing virtual care companies.
We have established an entrepreneurial culture centered around our mission to "build a connected healthcare experience." We attribute our success to our employees, who have helped us achieve numerous noteworthy awards including; Globe and Mail's #6 Top Growing Companies in Canada in 2021, Deloitte's Fast 50 Companies to Watch, LinkedIn's Top 10 Startups in Canada, and Bay Street Bullâ€™s The Power 50: Canadaâ€™s Most Impactful Companies 2021.
About the Role
We are looking for a bilingual Registered Nurse to provide administrative support for the companyâ€™s care delivery operations. You will have the opportunity to support the timely and accurate execution of processes to support the providers that care for Maple patients.
Youâ€™re an excellent communicator, with a genuine passion for helping others. You enjoy thinking creatively and working through challenges. Youâ€™re highly organized, detail-oriented, and can manage multiple priorities at the same time. Above all, you share our belief that through technology and innovation, people should have access to healthcare professionals when and where they need it.
- Play a key role in the day-to-day lab operations processes, which includes:
- Checking on the status of outstanding lab results.
- Coordinating results being sent to Maple.
- Reviewing results to determine if there are abnormal or critical values.
- Assigning results to the corresponding patient profile.
- Acting as a liaison to labs for any inquiries regarding missing or incomplete results.
- Acting as a liaison to the Customer Support team for patient lab-related inquiries.
- Play a key role in the management of specialist referrals, which includes:
- Reviewing and tracking referral requests.
- Creating specialist referral letters or filling out forms to request a specialist appointment.
- Contacting clinics to check on the status of outstanding referrals.
- Acting as a liaison to the Customer Support team to address patient inquiries.
- 2 years of clinical and/or professional experience
- Bilingual in English and French, both written and spoken
- Bachelorâ€™s of Science in Nursing (BScN)
- Current Registration with a provincial/territorial nursing college as a Registered Nurse (e.g., College of Nurses of Ontario)
- Eligibility for malpractice coverage
- Adaptable with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
In addition to the skills described above, you are:
- Mission-driven â€” we are a small and passionate team challenging the status quo of the healthcare industry. You need to be passionate about playing an integral part in helping us accomplish our mission and vision.
- Execution-oriented â€” you have a strong ability and desire to execute to the highest standard. You care deeply about the quality of your work and donâ€™t cut corners.
- Highly organized and planful â€” you have the ability to manage multiple projects with strong attention to detail and prioritization skills.
- A strong communicator â€” you speak plainly and truthfully. You communicate complex ideas in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
- Highly collaborative â€” you have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team
Other Role Information
- Job Type: Independent Contractor
- Reporting To: VP, Clinical Operations
- Location: Remote
- Start Date: ASAP
- Hourly rate: $32.15 - $34.00
- Hours of Work: Approx 15 hours per week (option to increase over time to be agreed on in advance with the VP, Clinical Operations). Occasional requests to work evenings or weekends.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note that any offer of contract or employment may be subject to verification of employment and education background checks, including a criminal record check.
Powered by JazzHR