Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The position is responsible for creating the business and/or functional requirements necessary for technology solutions that meet customer needs, expected delivery dates, and quality standards.
This position is located in the Richmond, BC office.
- Work under the direction of the Manager to provide application solutions for assigned business areas.
- Possess functional knowledge of assigned application technology.
- Interact with business stakeholders and subject matter experts to solicit business requirements.
- Serve liaison role between application technology vendors, internal IS groups, and business users.
- Translate business requirements into product-specific designs and configuration, detailed requirement specifications and use cases.
- Deliver functional specifications, design documents, business process workflow and related documentation for new development projects and/or enhancement and modification requests to be used by development teams.
- Interact with development teams during the software build and/or configuration process and testing process.
- Perform functional application configuration and configure /run reports at user request.
- Design and execute functional, integration, and regression test plans for new application functionality, product releases and enhancement and regulatory modifications using business scenarios and use cases.
- Ensure programs meet business specifications.
- Demonstrate new functionality to business users seeking inputs on future direction.
- Review vendor provided documentation and user manuals needed to support the product.
- Directly interface with business users by responding to support calls escalated by the Service Desk.
- Participate in user focus groups and requirements workshops, vendor training and demonstrations.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline and/or other relevant combination of training and experience
- CBAP Certification and SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager Certification is an asset
- 2-4 years practical experience in providing business process and functional support for assigned product preferred
- 1-2 years healthcare experience is an asset
- Experience of requirements elicitation and analysis, stakeholder assessments as well as process modelling techniques
- Experience of business analysis documentation
- Experience working with Agile Principles is an asset
- May require local travel
- May require other travel for business needs
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for employment with Allscripts.
Visa/Work Sponsorship is not offered for this position, unless specifically detailed here.
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts' policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire. Allscripts is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursing and hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Thank you for reviewing this opportunity! Does this look like a great match for your skill set? If so, scroll down and tell us more about yourself!