YOU LIVE BY THE MOTTO: knowledge IS POWER.
Closing: Until Filled
Location: Edmonton South
Just like Indiana Jones, you love digging for information. You can whip up analytical reports faster than Indy can find himself in trouble. You have a knack for interpreting data and can translate data into a story, sharing what you’ve discovered in a way that makes it easy for people to understand. You’re fluent in Power BI development and other Business Intelligence tools and don’t need to reference Indy’s diary to help you make heads or tails of the information you discover. You work well with a broad group of people and communicate clearly every step of the way. We like that about you!
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You know the key to building strong relationships is being a great listener.
- You’re comfortable collaborating with people from all levels of the organization to solve business problems and accomplish common goals.
- You have a knack for quickly understanding business goals and linking them to standardized analytical products, reports and visualizations that can be easily used across the organization.
- You don’t need anyone to light a fire under you; you know what needs doing and get it done.
- You’re a stickler for details, the development lifecycle and have an uncanny ability to get your hands on the right information quickly.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Manager, Business Intelligence.
- Develop highly effective, easily consumable and visually pleasing BI products such as summary dashboards and analytical reporting around a variety of focus measures such as marketing segmentations, product growth, churn analysis, member profiles, etc.
- Design, develop and deliver BI reports in Microsoft Power BI based on stakeholder requirements, wireframes, quality assurance and user acceptance testing.
- Respond to internal, field and vendor requests for training, support, and information regarding BI products.
- Consult with stakeholders on enhancements to analytical products; identify themes based on requests and raise them with management.
- Design defined performance metrics, contribute to corporate standard reporting formats and dashboards.
- Develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of business strategy, strategic measures, KPIs financial goals, processes, and requirements across multiple business lines.
- Elicit detailed requirements, define use cases, measures and key performance indicators, and develop BI solutions to business problems by regularly communicating with executives, business and operational leaders, and subject matter experts.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business management, specialized training/certification, or equivalent work experience.
- You’re no newbie. You have 5-7 years of Business Intelligence or report development experience – on this we must insist.
- You've got 3-5 years of experience in Looker or Tableau (you get bonus points if you have Power BI).
- You’ll get bonus points if you have experience with Microsoft Power BI and/or Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- You’re an expert when it comes to using data analysis technology, data modeling and programming language such as SQL, R, Python, DAX, and MDX.
- You can analyze and interpret data and mine data from multiple data sources using SQL, R and Python with one hand tied behind your back.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and floater day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.