CA- Junior Software Developer - Global Application Development
Crawford & Company
People taking care of people. Itâ€™s that simple. At Crawford & Company, we treat our clientsâ€™ policyholders like our own, helping to restore and enhance lives, businesses and communities at all points of the claims management process. Combining a legacy of nearly 80 years of unmatched experience with global capabilities and industry-leading technology, Crawford is at the forefront of change, while also staying firmly rooted to our commitment to putting people first.
We are guided by our collective value system: RESTORE.
At Crawford, we:
- Respect our culture of integrity and ethical behavior, while embracing the unique talents of the individual and encouraging an ownership mentality among everyone.
- Are Empowered to advance the company mission and take ownership of our individual career progression.
- Promote Sustainability through a corporate culture in which employees are good stewards of their communities.
- Emphasize Training and an environment where employees continually seek and share knowledge and are engaged and satisfied with their work.
- Are One Crawford, embracing a global mindset thatâ€™s inclusive, agile, mission-focused, and customer-focused.
- Give Recognition, participating in an environment where people are rewarded for jobs well done.
- Embody an Entrepreneurial Spirit, sharing a passion to succeed, innovate, and outpace our competitors.
We believe in leading by example â€“ at work and in our communities. We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in mission, vision and values. Learn more at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including Registered Pension Plan; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
We are currently recruiting for a Junior Software Developer to join our Global Application Development Team in Kitchener, ON or to work remotley from home in ON, Canada.
The successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing, designing, programming and maintenance of specialized computer software and/or Web applications used in support of complex applications and business processes. Enforcement of coding standards and policies are always expected.
- Primary duties: develop high quality code to produce functional software applications to fulfill the specified requirements.
- Secondary duties: to work as part of a team and individually to troubleshoot and maintain systems.
- Contribute to software delivery within Agile environment
- To develop new systems and maintain existing ones in a Microsoft environment, working to given specifications
- To liaise, collaborate and work with other developers, systems analysts or business users and Ops to contribute to the design and analysis of specifications in any or all of the following: databases, middleware components or web applications
- To analyse and diagnose issues/bugs in existing systems
- To perform unit testing
- To evaluate existing applications and identify areas for improvement
- To work with testers to ensure new functionality is working to specification
- To attend daily stand-ups, participate and contribute to peer code reviews
- To attend and participate in sprint planning and retrospectives to provide estimates and updates
- To write and maintain technical documentation
- 1+ years post-graduation work-related experience
- Valid work permit to work in Canada
- Demonstrable development experience on Microsoft tech stack within a variety of software environments (small, enterprise and complex) primarily for web-based solutions
- Liaise, collaborate and work with other developers, systems analysts or business users and Ops to contribute to the design and analysis of specifications in any or all of the following: databases, middleware components, webpages or GUIs.
- Must have working experience with SQL Server, SQL/T-SQL, C#, .NET, .NET Core, GIT, SVN, Azure DevOps
- Coding capabilities in any of the following: .NET Framework standards and technologies: Angular 5+, Typescript , WebAPI, TDD (MSTest/Nunit), BDD (Specflow/Cucumber), SOLID, DRY
- Dependency Injection, ORM, HTML5, CSS (Sass, Less, SCSS), HTML5, Bootstrap, JSON, REST
- Nice to have: Azure/Azure ESB, Swagger, Postman, Kendo UI
- Understanding of software design and principles
- Ability to investigate, to think logically and reason out problems
- A team Player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both technical and non-technical
- Good analytic and problem solving thinker
- Passionate about IT and technology, responsible for quickly learning new software including any required continuing education requirements
- Liaise, collaborate and work with other developers, systems analysts or business users and Ops to contribute to the design and analysis of specifications in any or all of the following: databases, middleware components, webpages or GUIs
We thank all applicants for their interest in Crawford & Company however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Crawford is an Employment Equity employer.
Crawford is strongly committed to diversity within its community. We welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. We encourage freedom of association, fair compensation and labour practices and avoid child labour.
Crawford is committed to identify and remove any discriminatory policies and practices found in the recruitment, selection and hiring, promotion, training, retention and termination of employees in all levels and categories of employment.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Crawfordâ€™s own policies, a request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
Applicants are required to provide their accommodation needs in advance and submit adequate documentation to support their request for accommodation in the assessment process and/or to perform the essential duties of the posted position. If you have an accommodation need, please email email@example.com as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.