Care Coordinator - Palliative Care Team
Community Care Access Centre
We are currently recruiting a Care Coordinator
Competition #: FY2122-028
Date Posted: May 7, 2021
Date Closed: Until Filled
Start Date: September 27, 2021
Reports to: Manager, Palliative Care
Category: Temporary Full Time until September 30, 2022
Team: Palliative Care Team
Current primary assigned location:Miss Office, 2655 North Sheridan Way (Currently remote)
The Home and Community Care Support Services - Mississauga Halton has an exciting opportunity for a Care Coordinator (CC) to join the Palliative Team during a time of strategic focus on palliative care within the Home and Community Care Support Services - Mississauga Halton region and across the province. Transformation of Palliative Care is a strategic initiative for Home and Community Care Support Services - Mississauga Halton, and we are seeking passionate, collaborative and creative professionals to join our team. We are seeking an excellent communicator, critical thinker, lifelong learner and problem solver.
The Palliative CC competencies include: clinical expertise in palliative care, patient and family-centred, ethical decision-making, collaboration with a variety of different stakeholders, and demonstrated leadership with inter-professional teams, including providers within the circle of care for individual patients and caregivers, and among the community with partners and colleagues. Experience in medication management and/or medication reconciliation and familiarity with medical diagnoses and disease trajectories are critical skillsets that will be a focus of recruitment.
- Providing care coordination to patients with palliative needs, supporting patients with palliative needs to remain at home and in community through stable, transitional phases, and end of life.
- Development of individualized, collaborative care plans and care conferencing
- Facilitating communication and collaboration between the inter-professional care team for each patient
- Home visits and telephone communication with patients and caregivers; liaison with primary care providers and members of a patients circle of care.
- Assessing, planning, coordinating, implementing and reviewing patient needs and services
- Providing information to patients and referrals to alternate community resources
- Responding to inquiries and request for care in accordance with the patient’s needs; identifies risk factors and urgency for care
- A registered health or social work professional including: registered nurse, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, speech language pathologist, or social worker.
- A member in good standing with their applicable regulatory body below:
College of Nurses of Ontario
College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario
Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services Workers
- A University degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum two years recent experience in community health or a related field (acute, hospice, home and community care settings). If allied health professional, relevant clinical medical experience required.
- Palliative experience preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources and demonstrated ability to collaborate and establish/strengthen care teams
- Knowledge and experience in Care Coordination, including clinical strength in assessment, care planning, system navigation, health outcomes monitoring, direct support (i.e., self-management principles), collaboration with key system partners
- Demonstrated skill and experience in providing care in a manner that is culturally responsive and effective with individuals from various backgrounds and diversity.
- Computer literacy and keyboarding skills required
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable motor vehicle
- Insurance that includes driving for business purposes and minimum liability of $1,000,000.
- Ability to communicate in French or other languages an asset.
To apply for this vacancy please submit a resume with covering letter referencing FY2122-008 via the following link www.lhinjobs.ca or visit the Home and Community Care Support Services - Mississauga Halton Career Opportunity page at lhinjobs.ca. Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that all external new hires must be available to attend a mandatory six weeks full-time (Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm) virtual Orientation starting on September 27, 2021
Home and Community Care Support Services Mississauga Halton is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
To receive any Home and Community Care Support Services Mississauga Halton document required by the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act (AODA) and its standards, or to receive any public document on our website in an alternate format, please contact our Communications Department at 905-855-9090 or 1-877-336-9090.