Qualicare Homecare is looking for compassionate, caring and reliable healthcare professionals to join our family as Caregivers and Personal Support Workers (PSW's). Qualicare offers services that focus on providing the best quality of life for our clients and peace of mind for their families.
Our employees are the front line of the care we provide. We count on them to a difference in the lives of our clients, and their families, while they are dealing with changes in their health that affect many aspects of their lives.
**** Updated 2021 Competitive Wages ****
Benefits of Working for Qualicare Homecare:
As an employer, one of our goals is to maximize our employee's schedule and fill their availability with meaningful, and regular shifts with clients that fit their experience to eliminate the need for multiple jobs, with multiple companies. Ongoing shifts with the same clients allow our caregivers and clients to build close relationships with one another and increases the effectiveness of the care being provided.
We also offer:
- Competitive starting wages, updated regularly
- Minimum 4-hour shifts
- Flexible hours with many 6 to 12-hour shifts
- Referral bonuses
- Continuing education programs
- Mentorship opportunities
Caregiver/Personal Support Worker (PSW) Job Duties:
- Assistance with personal care and hygiene, and grooming
- Basic Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping (vacuuming, laundry, dishes etc.)
- Accompany clients on outings; appointments, shopping, and errands as needed
- Medication Reminders
- Assisting clients with mobility, ambulation, and transfers
- Provide companionship to clients
- Ability to follow a care plan as it is prepared by a supervisor
- Daily Documentation/Charting into the client's electronic chart
Personal Support Worker (PSW) Requirements
- Personal Support Worker Certificate or equivalent post-secondary education (HCA, DSW, RN, RPN, Foreign Trained Healthcare Professionals)
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification
- Current Criminal Record Check and/or Vulnerable Sector Screening, or willing to obtain within a reasonable amount of time, and update as requested.
- Ability to travel around southern York Region including Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Markham, and Woodbridge locations
- Access to internet/mobile phone
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract
Tags: PSW, Personal Support Worker, Health Care Aide, Home Care, Homecare, Caregiver