Category Development Analyst
The Category Development Analyst is accountable for the understanding and analysis of the Confectionery category and to support their Category Development Leader in providing objective strategic and tactical category insights and advice. They will be actively involved in identifying opportunities for their customer, including sales performance, promotional activities, item assortment and shelving strategy and execution. They will also be responsible for some strategic project work and for assisting in the learning and development of other Analyst(s) supporting the team. The Category Analyst will be responsible for executing the assortment plan and any opportunities identified via market review.
What are we looking for?
- University degree or college diploma in related field
- 2-4 years of CPG industry experience with knowledge of grocery/drug/mass channels and with category management experience an asset
- Superior ability to build effective customer relations and influence decisions, having the confidence to lead and use date to reinforce your opinions.
- Expert analytical skills and the ability to interpret data from a mix of data sources and translate insights into relevant strategies and tactics (actions / initiatives) and execute with our customers in a clear, simple and engaging way.
- In-store and/or Customer experience and understanding of how to develop engaging and actionable category solutions for the customer.
- Strong communication skills. Strong presenter / storyteller, able to communicate with broad audiences and present data in an engaging way
- Strong collaborative skills - comfort with a matrix environment and able to work independently
- Advanced Excel skills and PowerPoint skills
- Experience working with Shelf Management software (JDA Space planning)
- Power BI experience, an asset
- Experience working with retailer data
- Nielsen data analysis and Nielsen Answers (market track, cross outlet, home scan)
- Category Management experience
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Ongoing analysis of category and customer trends and tactics. Develops recommendations to support category growth principles. Leads and coaches other analyst(s) in category account scorecard reporting process and category top-line understanding.
- Developing and presenting analysis and insights to help drive sales growth at customers.
- Support Sales with category insights & analysis recos for new product launches, distribution gaps, display performance, assortment reviews & price/promo analysis
- Provide actionable insights from various data sources (AC Nielsen, Retailer POS, shipment data, and ad tracking) to all internal and external partners.
- Working with Category Development Leader and team in developing planograms for store formats and sizes to drive "Quality" of shelf and Excellence in Availability.
- Responsible for assortment analysis & planogram development
- Responsible for space to sales analysis and executing against perfect store levers at the customer
- Store visits to review in market conditions (vehicle required)
- Participate in meetings at customer's offices to present reports and reviews
- Responsible for leading special projects as assigned
What can you expect from Mars?
- Chance to work on world-renowned brands such as m&m's, Snickers & Skittles
- Opportunity to make moments that matter
- Opportunity to work with one of the largest privately held organizations
- An industry competitive compensation plan
- The opportunity to learn and develop, taking charge of your own career across Mars
A criminal records check will be required for this position.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars Canada is committed to equity in employment and diversity. Mars Canada will provide an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform Mars Canada of your requirements. For more information please review Mars Canada's Accessibility Policy and address any questions about that policy to MarsCanada.Accessibility@effem.com.