Job Reference #: CHEMI02077
Do you want to work with one of Canadaâ€™s top oil and gas companies represented by an award-winning staffing agency? Look no further and join the Spirit circle today!
Our well established Oil and Gas client's in Prod. Plan, Coord., and Quality department is seeking an experienced Chemist to work within the Operations Lab division in Fort McMurray, AB
What's in it for you?
- Work with one of Canada's "Top 100 Employers," with possibility of extension or permanent placement.
- Full time shifts; Monday to Friday (subjected to change)
- The start date is May 10, 2021 with a contract review date of September 30, 2021.
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits.
- Representation by an award-winning staffing agency that takes pride in our personalized approach to staffing, ensuring you are a valued member of the team - not just a number.
Please note that this position is located in Fort McMurray, AB and local candidates are preferred. Non-local candidates will be considered but must be willing to secure their own accommodations, as there is no camp, LOA, or accommodation allowance provided.
- Ensure that all new equipment is properly commissioned including Site Preparation, Instrument Receipt, Installation, Method Development
- Prepare Documentation and Training of the Laboratory Staff before instrument can be turned over for routine use
- Ensure that the appropriate methodology has been selected that performance requirements for accuracy, recovery, precision and detection limit are carried out
- Maintain existing instruments and related equipment to ensure reliability
- Act as lab contact for engineers; plant contact for technicians when the need for special and temporary analysis requests is required to help troubleshoot process
- Other roles as required
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years of process chemistry and/or analytical chemistry support in a refinery or related industry
- Knowledge of computer applications such as LIMS, Thermo Atlas
- Knowledge of lab-specific procedures, methods and systems such as Quality assurance/Quality control such as standard ISO17025
- Demonstrated expertise in the chemistry associated with refinery process units
- Proven experience working with operators, lab techs, engineering and management
- CSO Common Safety Orientation (or equivalent) (or must obtain prior to start)
- If this position is classified as safety risk sensitive, you must also be able to pass pre-access drug & alcohol testing.
- Successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Authorized to legally work in Canada (eligible to work in the country for the duration of the assignment.
CLOSES May 7, 2021 OR SOONER IF A SUCCESSFUL IS CANDIDATE IDENTIFIED - APPLY ASAP
Kindly submit your resume in Word format and ensure your work history includes the Month/Year for every employer.
**We thank all applicants for applying, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted directly**
Looking for more opportunities? Check out our website at www.spiritomega.org
Don't see a posting that suits you? Apply to our "General Application" and our recruiters will get in touch when they have a job that fits you!
Follow us "Spirit Omega" on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter for all our new postings.
Powered by JazzHR