Clerk II - PFT - Cancer Care Clinic
Department:Cancer Care Clinic
Status: Permanent Full-time
Hours: Monday to Friday – Days - 7.5 hour shifts (Hours are subject to change to meet operational needs)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
The Cancer Clinic at Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital is an exciting new program area that opened February 2016 and is co-located with Medical Day Care on the 2 nd floor of the North Building.The Clerk will be responsible for the daily registration and bookings,appointment coordination, order entry, flow and clerical data management to support the various functional clerical responsibilities of the Medical Day Care, Pre and Post Oncology Clinics, Systemic Clinics and other areas within the Program as required.Major responsibilities include collaboration with the program team in the coordination of patient scheduling according toCancer Care Ontario (CCO) standards, ensuring clerical data reconciles with appointments and schedules to meet the needs of CCO Activity Level Reporting, working with the Cancer Clinics Data Analyst to ensure data is clean prior to submission to CCO, liaising with patients, managing and triaging referrals for the clinical teams in order to meet CCO wait time targets.
This is what you'll be doing:
- Working in collaboration with the Cancer Clinic team to ensure a high standard of quality patient care and experience is delivered
- Liaising and working with the Regional Cancer program to ensure satellite clinics are run efficiently and are scheduled appropriately
- Utilizes effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills in the ongoing promotion of quality care outcomes
- Participates in the unit orientation program for new staff
- Demonstrates strong prioritizing skills
- Performs other duties consistent with the job classification as required
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- One (1) year recent relevant clerical experience in a healthcare setting, or a recent Medical Office Administraion Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Experience working in an outpatient cancer clinic setting highly preferred
- Minimum of 30 WPM typing speed required
- Medical Terminology certificate required
- Experience with Meditech software highly preferred
- Familiarity with scheduling standards in a Cancer Clinic setting is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft office products, Outlook, Word, Excel preferred
- Accurate data entry skills
- Demonstrable critical thinking skills, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills
- Ability to manage emotionally charged situations in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
Date posted:August 12, 2021
Internal applications due by: August 19, 2021
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
I understand that in accordance with your COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, I will be required to be fully compliant as a condition of employment. Compliance requires that I become fully vaccinated or provide proof of a documented medical exemption from the vaccine.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke-free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concern.