Communications Advisor (12 months term)
General Dynamics Missions Systems-Canada
General Dynamics Mission Systemsâ€“Canada is seeking a motivated and experienced Communications Advisor for a 12-month contract (with the possibility of extension). With a background in external communications, the ideal candidate will be eager to tackle the challenges of developing international content that builds brand recognition, while executing strategic messages â€“ from social media to web content and news releases â€“ that support the companyâ€™s marketing and communications objectives.
Our first and foremost priority remains the health and safety of our colleagues. As a result, this role will be working remotely for the foreseeable future. The primary location of this role is Ottawa.Job Description:
The Communications Advisor will:
- Assist in the delivery of external communications events and activities, developing communications materials, including: articles, media advisories, speeches, news releases and web content.
- Develop and implement the social media strategy with compelling content that continues to differentiate the company from its competitors.
- Organize and execute high-profile events, including announcements, launches and stakeholder engagement activities.
- Use monitoring and evaluation tools to inform continuous improvement against set targets across all activities.
- Identify promotional opportunities and contribute to a busy editorial calendar.
- Shoot still imagery and video.
- Work as an impactful team member in a collaborative, cooperative work environment across multiple countries.
- Work in line with business units and corporate policy.
- Carry out ad-hoc communication projects, as required.
- Degree/diploma-level education, preferably in communications, marketing, journalism or public relations.
- Minimum of four years relevant experience.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills â€“ coupled with the ability to deliver both creatively and strategically
- Strong attention to detail, with ability to proofread.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced office environment with tight deadlines.
- Deep understanding of digital and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Hootsuite), analytics tools, and social media best practices.
- Proficiency in the use of common communications software applications (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Adobe Photoshop; Canva).
- Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
Must be able to obtain and maintain Canadian Security Clearance and a positive Controlled Goods Assessment. Eligibility to work in Canada either as a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.Company Overview:
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace â€“ inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we welcome you to join our inclusive team! We will work with you around any workplace accommodation required during our application process. If you require accommodation or have questions, please contact Human Resources via email@example.com
Our Company Benefits
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering impressive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight and compressed hours â€“ which means every other Friday off
- A personalized career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognized and rewarded with flexible benefits