Communications Analyst (Temporary)
Serco North America
If you enjoy working with the public in a high energy and dynamic environment - challenging and rewarding job opportunities await you at Serco Canada Inc.
You will be part of a professional team which supports operations at all DriveTest Centres across Ontario on behalf of the Ministry of Transportation. Our team is spread out across our 56 DriveTest Centre locations.
Bring your expertise and customer service skills Serco Canada Inc., where challenging and rewarding job opportunities await you!
In this role you will provide assistance to the communications, training and governance teams during the resumption of services program implementation. Core performance obligations as required: communications, policy and training administration, field support administration â€“ training and communications and consistent application of policy and processes. To assist in the smooth and efficient administration of communications during the resumption of services program implementation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with meeting minutes for each department of responsibility â€“ communications, training and governance
- Report preparation â€“ briefings, policy updates, memos, etc., to support communications training and governance
- Assist with route development and with the field and administration approvals with MTO through governance specialist
- Assist with communication of recognition related activities i.e. preparing the Newsflash newsletter, assist with organization of recognition celebrations and recognition program activities
- Follow up with inquiries from the field or MTO to identify resolutions
- Assist with communications tasks: updating and maintaining email distribution lists for proper communications dissemination, updating demand Hub details
- Assisting with content review of website for errors, inconsistencies, broken links, policy updates, service disruptions, web content updates as required, travel point schedule updates
- Assist with mass emails from HR, operations, facilities etc.
- Respond to DriveTest signage requests
- Preparation of MELT statistics
- Provide support to TQCC with policy clarifications
- Assist with briefing note preparation
- Support DE and CSA consistency programs â€“ pass rate review, greased wheel, inside scoop etc.
- Assist with updates to training curriculum documents in order to maintain a consistent brand
- Policy updates for OPM and MTO manuals
Fostering Teamwork:As a team member, the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
Managing Performance:The ability to take responsibility for one's own performance, by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, and address and improve any variances promptly.
Communication:The ability to express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others and our customers. The ability to plan and deliver in communication to impact and persuade the intended audiences.
Customer Service Focus - The ability to listen to and understand the customer. This includes anticipating customer needs and giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
Diagnostic Information Gathering:The ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to draw out the information.
Analytical Thinking:The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
Personal credibility - To be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Job knowledge â€“ The ability to demonstrate good knowledge and necessary skills to perform duties defined.
- 4 to 6 years of customer service experience in a service environment is preferred.
- Intermediate level computer skills are required.
- Creative with communications.
- Willingness to learn and adapt.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in a business related field is preferred or minimum of 5 years on the program.
Health & Safety:
- Ensures the ongoing maintenance of safe, healthy, and sustainable working environment.
- Ensures employees are following the H&S rules and regulations.
- Takes every precaution to contribute to a safe and healthy workplace.
- Demonstrates correct use of equipment, materials and protective devices required by law.
- Demonstrates awareness of and educates self on changes to legislation, regulations, Company policies and procedures.
- Consistently demonstrates adherence to procedures and measures as they relate to work safety and correct use of equipment and protective devices.
- Takes the initiative to report unsafe conditions.
- Complies with Part III, Section 27 of the OHSA (Duties of Workers).
Other / Projects:
- Comply with Serco Canada Inc. policies and procedures.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management, including but not limited to special projects.
If you are interested in supporting and working with our Customer Service professionals and our passionate Serco team - then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes few minutes, and it could change your career!
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Serco Canada Inc. an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Consistent with our Values, Serco Canada is committed to providing equitable treatment to all with respect to barrier-free employment and accommodation without discrimination. Serco Canada will provide accommodation for applicants in all aspects of the hiring process. If you have an accommodation need, please contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.Company Overview:
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
To review Serco benefits please visit: https://www.serco.com/na/careers/benefits-of-choosing-serco.
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email:
email@example.com call the HR Service Desk at 800-628-6458, option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please email