Construction Project Coordinator
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Construction Project Coordinator to join our construction team in Vancouver on a full-time work schedule during the planning phase of a project, and in a fly in-fly out field work rotation during the execution phase. Depending on project location.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Construction Project Coordinator is responsible for supporting duties for various projects and will work closely with the Project Manager and Site Superintendent.
The position will include involvement with delivering technically challenging ground engineering, mining, water resource, and/or environmental remediation and reclamation projects.
Overview of your role will include:
- Assist in the project planning, execution, and coordination of site activities.
- Coordinating of meetings, manpower tracking, equipment utilization, material purchasing, quantities take off, and vendor and clients invoicing.
- Providing project specific support, including scheduling, and assisting with project controls and reporting.
- Communicating with the project team on a daily basis to assist with cost control and project status.
- Providing timely updates on progress and forecasting trends to the Project Manager.
- Collecting, inputting, managing, and presenting project cost tracking data.
- Creating and updating project execution plans for individual tasks.
- Assist in estimating duties as required.
- Flagging budget or schedule issues to the project manager
- Identifying the need for change orders and preparation for approval.
- Conducting preliminary review of pre-bills and assisting with invoicing
- Implementing QA/QC procedures.
- Assist with the Health and Safety plan implementation during construction.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Diploma in civil, environmental, geotechnical, or similar programs.
- Candidates with Post-Secondary education in construction management or related field may be considered.
- Experience of record keeping and estimating.
- Scheduling, cost control and contract management experience.
- Previous Construction work experience considered an asset.
- Familiarity with construction management software packages.
- Strong computer skills, using MS Office. Bluebeam and MS Project an asset.
- Previous experience working in a consulting business environment would be considered an asset.
- Strong commitment to safety in a construction site.
- Ability to work in time-sensitive and high-pressure environment while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Highly motivated with an ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn processes quickly and prioritize client requirements.
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
- Possess good communication skills and a friendly, pleasant manner.
- Flexible, can-do attitude.
- Must possess a valid driver license.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive remuneration packages.
- Employee-owned structure - own the business, own the result.
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment.
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects.
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching.
- Global projects and travel opportunities.
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 15 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder, now a member of WSP, is a leading, global consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder Associates Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), and all other applicable legislation. Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities upon request.