Construction Simulation Specialist
Who are we?
Founded in 2014, CadMakers is an industry-leading digital construction, digital fabrication, and manufacturing technology company headquartered in Burnaby, British Columbia. We are a team of highly motivated innovators delivering Digital Construction Twin and Digital Fabrication Twin solutions (mix of products and services) to our global customers. We exist to provide simple solutions to the construction industry's most complex, yet common problems. Our products (cmBuilder.io and cmExe.io) and services are making an impact in the marketplace and we need your help to take us to the next level!
Our values: We are Innovative, we are Hard-working, we are Humble, we are Customer-Focused, we value Performance and we are a TEAM.
What is cmBuilder?
cmBuilder is a construction web-app used to accurately plan, bid and win any construction project. With features tailored for construction professionals, cmBuilder is the one-stop shop for companies looking for ways of optimizing their planning process to reduce risk, costs and delays.
What is the role?
This is an exciting opportunity to join the CadMakers team as a Construction Simulation Specialist. This role is ideal for you if:
- You have relevant onsite construction industry experience with site logistics and resource planning and are proficient in understanding construction sequences and workflows, but you are looking to switch to an office work environment;
- You are interested in having the opportunity to work cross-departmentally with all departments in an organization and work with both our current and future potential internal and external users of cmBuilder;
- You want experience helping to build and improve a construction software product by gathering and documenting internal and external customer requirements, feedback, current construction planning pain points, etc. and communicating this information meaningfully and regularly with our software and research & development teams; and
- You are passionate about increasing technology in the construction industry and are interested in becoming a resident cmBuilder expert.
As Construction Simulation Specialist, you will have the opportunity to combine all of your construction knowledge, experiences, and passions in a new way, working on new and innovative projects using cmBuilder, which will allow you to experience the AEC industry from perhaps a whole new perspective!
The Construction Simulation Specialist will be primarily responsible for:
- Creating site plans and construction simulations in cmBuilder as a key member of our core services team;
- Preparing and delivering live demos directly to potential customers as a key member of our sales & marketing team;
- Working with customers and other project stakeholders to understand pain points on site that can be solved using cmBuilder;
- Documenting and prioritizing new feature requests (and bug reports while..) and providing feedback obtained from internal and external users (and from your own experience as a user!) to our cmBuilder software and research and development teams to help continue to improve the product;
- Identifying and documenting bugs through the proper internal channel; (can be combined with the item above)
- Developing processes and systems to identify and develop best practices of using cmBuilder (e.g. checklists and videos) that can be shared with our internal and external users alike;
- Training and coaching internal and external teams in using cmBuilder;
- Developing and maintaining a project sample library to be referenced in demos/pitches or marketing material; and
- A keen interest to help identify and implement new initiatives that this role can take on as opportunities arise.
- Six months minimum experience in construction;
- Proficient understanding of site logistics and resource planning;
- An avid problem solver, finding ways to solve technical problems;
- Experienced knowledge of construction sequences and workflows for various project types (i.e. concrete vs. mass timber vs. steel, curtain wall vs. window wall);
- Desire to learn cmBuilder and become a resident CadMakers cmBuilder expert user, in its current state and as the product continues to evolve and improve;
- Strong communication and presentation skills to take ownership of external calls like client meetings and support/training sessions;
- Flexibility and ability to work both independently and as part of various teams, as required, which may change with little notice;
- Highly organized with an excellent ability to prioritize and keep all stakeholders informed on the status of all tasks is absolutely required, as this is a new role that will likely have varying deliverables from different stakeholders with different deadlines and competing priorities;
- Motivated with a track record of taking initiative, and delivering project work efficiently and at a high standard of quality;
- Interested in contributing with a software development team and working for the betterment cmBuilder features;
- Present a "do-whatever-it-takes" attitude to deliver high quality simulations in a fast pace / quick delivery environment; and
- Interested in learning other modeling software like Blender to constantly increase and manage cmBuilder resource library; and
- Familiarity and experience with other CAD software (ie. Revit and Navisworks) and 3D file formats (IFC, FBX and STP) is a plus.
Why Work with Us?
Here are a few reasons why we think working here is a good idea:
- Career Growth – Start making an impact right away within a growth-stage company with strong upward potential. Your skills will directly impact the trajectory of this company, allowing you to grow your career in a fast-paced, exciting work environment.
- Creative and Innovative Environment – Challenge the status quo! We want you to bring your ideas for automation and optimization of everything. We regularly trade ideas, learn and create new R&D projects to #getbettereveryday.
- Ownership of Projects – We want great people that want to take ownership of projects, make decisions and deliver great work to our clients.
- Fun Environment – Work hard and play hard. We are in business to build a great company, collaborate with amazing customers and have fun.