Construction Simulation Specialist (Internal Applicants Only)
CadMakers is proud to offer this exciting opportunity for a Construction Simulation Specialist! This role will use cmBuilder almost exclusively as its primary work tool to deliver site logistics simulations for our cmBuilder customers.
Do you have relevant construction experience with site logistics and resource planning and are you proficient in understanding construction sequences and workflows? Would you be interested in becoming a resident cmBuilder expert and having the opportunity to work cross-departmentally both with our current and future potential internal and external users of cmBuilder? Do you have a keen interest in helping build a software product and providing meaningful user feedback to the product team to improve the product with your help?
If so, this is an exciting opportunity for a teammate who will be providing everything from simulation service deliverables to customers directly using cmBuilder; preparing and presenting cmBuilder demos directly to customers as a key member of our sales & marketing team; gathering internal and external customer requirements, feedback, current construction planning pain points, etc. documenting and communicating this information regularly with our software and research & development teams to continue to help improve our product!
As Construction Simulation Specialist, you will have the opportunity to combine all of your construction knowledge, experiences, and passions in a new way, working on new and innovative projects using cmBuilder, which will allow you to experience the AEC industry from perhaps a whole new perspective!
The Construction Simulation Specialist will be primarily responsible for:
- Creating site plans and construction simulations in cmBuilder as a key member of our core services team;
- Preparing and delivering live demos to potential customers as a key member of our sales & marketing team;
- Working with customers and other project stakeholders to understand pain points on site that can be solved using cmBuilder;
- Documenting and prioritizing new feature requests and providing feedback obtained from internal and external users (and from your own experience as a user!) to our cmBuilder software and research and development teams to help continue to improve the product;
- Identifying and documenting bugs through the proper internal channel;
- Developing processes and systems to identify and develop best practices of using cmBuilder (e.g. checklists and videos) that can be shared with our internal and external users alike;
- Training and coaching internal and external teams in using cmBuilder;
- Developing and maintaining a project sample library to be referenced in demos/pitches or marketing material; and
- A keen interest to help identify and implement new initiatives that this role can take on as opportunities arise.
- Six months minimum experience with CadMakers;
- Proficient understanding of site logistics and resource planning;
- You're a problem solver, finding ways to solve technical problems;
- Experienced knowledge of construction sequences and workflows for various project types (i.e. concrete vs. mass timber vs. steel, curtain wall vs. window wall);
- Experience using cmBuilder and a drive to become a resident cmBuilder expert user, in its current state and as the product continues to evolve and improve;
- Strong communication and presentation skills to take ownership of external calls like client meetings and support/training sessions;
- Flexibility and ability to work both independently and as part of various teams, as required, which may change with little notice;
- Highly organized with an excellent ability to prioritize and keep all stakeholders informed on the status of all tasks is absolutely required, as this is a new role that will likely have varying deliverables from different stakeholders with different deadlines and competing priorities;
- Motivated with a track record of taking initiative, and delivering project work efficiently and at a high standard of quality;
- Familiar with other CAD software like Revit and Navisworks and 3D file formats (IFC, FBX and STP);
- Interested in contributing with a software development team and working for the betterment cmBuilder features;
- Present a "do-whatever-it-takes" attitude to deliver high quality simulations in a fast pace / quick delivery environment; and
- Interested in learn other modeling software like Blender to constantly increase and manage cmBuilder resource library.