Customer Service & Supply Chain Specialist (Contingent Worker)
CA06 Octane Biotech Inc.
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Customer Service & Supply Chain Specialist supports Business Development, Operations/Supply Chain, and is an engaged team member who works in close partnership with Business Development, Customer Service, Manufacturing, and Finance functional areas to support business requirements, initiatives and goals. This is a 12 month assignment (contingent worker) and will be based in Kingston, ON.
This role’s main responsibilities will be to support customer initiatives in the area of product traffic, logistics, establishing/maintain shipping lanes to existing/new markets/countries, order entry/administration, and admin support for EHS program.
- Enter, coordinate, track and report on customer orders in corporate platforms
- Maintain highest level of business and personal integrity with internal team members, and customers
- Collaborate with supply chain/manufacturing team regarding stock, lead times, and packaging opportunities
- Assist in the creation and maintaining of supply chain process documentation from order to cash
- Track and report KPI’s including OTIF, Turn around time for orders, commitments and shipping costs
- Support the integration of new ERP/MRP system
- Responsible for organizing shipments/logistics of Products (Cocoon & Cassettes) to internal and external customers/users in a cost effective manner
- Maintain existing and establish new shipping lanes for markets, including identification of specific market requirements, collaborating with internal stakeholders to assemble necessary documentation, and leveraging external SME’s to facilitate a smooth, efficient, on time delivery
Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS):
- Provide administration and coordination support for Environmental Health and Safety Program
- Coordinate with local leader and Corporate Support staff to improve and maintain program elements.
- Identify improvement ideas regularly - a Continuous Improvement mindset
- College Diploma in Supply Chain, Business Administration; Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration is preferred
- Working experience in Customer Service
- Working experience in Shipping/Traffic/Customs/Broker
- International logistics, transportation, shipping experience
- High attention to detail, systematic and superior organizational skills
- Very comfortable with enterprise software platforms and PC based applications
- Medium spreadsheet skills
- Cross-functional agility and hands-on can do mindset of excellence.
- Hyperion, SAP, Infor/Visual, BW, PowerPoint, Excel, global integrated system. Knowledge of global logistics and transportation
- ability to be an “Ultimate Support Person”, bias towards action and results delivery which are critical in a highly performance oriented environment, hard worker, self-motivated and actively manage day to day delivery
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.