Driver Coordinator / Dispatcher
Challenger Motor Freight Inc.
Working for a company dedicated to personal career growth and opportunity in moving the organization forward. Challenger Motor Freight Inc. is a Platinum Club Member in Canadaâ€™s 50 Best Managed Companies. Our success is directly attributed to our dedicated and talented team of professionals who work hard together with a common purpose â€“ to keep us on the leading edge in safety, technology, and analysis.
Itâ€™s not by chance that Challenger is a leading North American freight transportation company. In 40 years, Challenger has grown from one person with a vision and a truck to an international transportation and supply chain management company.
We win as a team when we work as a team, and succeed when our employees succeed. We want people who are resilient, team-oriented, and driven because we are laser focused on meeting commitments to our People, Customer, and Profit. If youâ€™re looking to work for a dynamic, fast-paced, progressive organization then apply with us.
We offer the following in our search for engaged employees looking to become part of a successful team:
- A continuous learning environment that develops your individual career goals
- A continuous improvement environment where all ideas are explored
- Engaged coaches and mentors who will provide guidance but also allow autonomy
- Team atmosphere
- Competitive and comprehensive total rewards package including company paid group benefits and company sponsored retirement savings plan
- Support of professional memberships and certifications
- Hours of work are Monday to Friday from 7:00am to 4:00pm
The Driver Coordinator / Dispatcher is the main point of contact for the FTL fleet and provides coaching, guidance and solutions to problems to maximize the productivity of our drivers.
- Participating in and supporting driver retention initiatives
- Maintaining fair and equitable distribution of work
- Communicating dispatch information as required
- Monitoring driver performance/miles and reefer requirements
- Monitoring and responding to driver satellite messages
- Assisting with the development of the required driver skills i.e.: Customs, Hazmat, Hours of Service, Policy, Regulations, Satellites, etc.
- Assisting with solutions regarding any driver concerns
- Assisting with driver inquiries - payroll, miles etc.
- Updating customer websites relative to the position/shift
- Communicating and problem solving with customers as required
- Performs other duties as required
What You Need To Be Successful In This Role:
- Minimum of 1-2 yearsâ€™ experience in a related role in transportation (e.g. dispatch)
- Post-secondary degree or diploma
- Knowledge of truckload dispatch an asset
- ACE and Customs/border crossing experience an asset
- AS400/ICC experience an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communications skills (written and verbal)
- Strong self-discipline and initiative
- Creative and effective problem solving ability
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Well-organized, enthusiastic, professional and a positive team member
How To Apply:
If you are looking to join a premier transportation company, and become an integral part of results oriented team who constantly challenge themselves to Go The Distance for our customers and for each other, the role of Driver Coordinator / Dispatcher may be right for you.
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Challenger Motor Freight Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples. By submitting your resume, you consent Challenger Motor Freight Inc. to share this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities that you may be suitable for.
Powered by JazzHR