Overview / Responsibilities
Make an impression in an international company among the 25 best employers in Canada and ranked one of the Top 10 Engineering Firms in the world. Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is a global organization, providing engineering, consulting and project management services. Our team of professionals offers a full range of services to clients in a wide range of sectors including government, industrial & commercial, water, transportation, mining & metals, oil & gas clients and clean energy.
We are currently seeking a site based Civil MaterialsLab Supervisor to join our team at the BC Hydro Site C project near Fort St John, BC.
This is a site-based role with a rotating schedule, with 14 days on (12 hrs/day) and 14 days off. Accommodation at site is provided and air travel to and from site from a Western Canada point of origin will be provided.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the concrete/aggregate laboratory
- Lead and develop a team of Materials Technical staff performing field and laboratory tests
- Scheduling and coordinating the activities of material technical staff, assessing resources and allocating work to meet priorities
- Responsible for lab safety, lab CCIL certification, preparing for lab audits, maintaining quality control and ensuring timely execution of lab and field tests
- Perform lab and field tests as required
- Review lab and field test results and reports to ensure standards of quality, accuracy and timely reporting are met
- Manage and deliver high quality work products safely, on-time, within budget and to the satisfaction of the client
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- Must be registered or eligible for immediate registration, as Professional Engineer (P.Eng) with Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia
- Minimum of five years experience in construction QA/QC testing and inspection
- Minimum of two years’ experience supervising a CCIL Category 1 or 2 concrete laboratory and Type D aggregate laboratory
- Experience directing and managing staff
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task with the ability to make quick decisions requiring sound judgment and experience
- Must have sound knowledge of laboratory tests, field testing and inspection
- Customer focused orientation
- Full, unrestricted Driver’s License that is valid in the province of British Columbia
- Must pass physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record
- Ability to lift maximum 50 pounds
- Must be able to accommodate a rotating schedule, this position is 14 days on @ 12 hrs/day, 14 days off
- Must be able to pass drug/alcohol testing and background check
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.