The Windsor Mold Group Tooling Division has been providing quality tooling solutions since 1972. Come join our growing team thriving in a technology driven environment committed to investing in people, equipment and processes. Windsor Mold offers competitive wages, overtime after 40 hours, company matched pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation & holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, tuition subsidies, and more!
Position: Engineering Design Leader / Mold Designer
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads Engineering group of 6-10 Mold Designers and Surface Modelers as well as completing designs
- Ability to lead and complete mold design elements from part feasibility/preliminary design all the way through to final design.
- Use strong analytical skills and system focus to create continuous improvement initiatives and design process improvements.
- Attend and lead internal and customer design reviews.
- Attend post tryout meetings and assist the production team in trouble shooting mold issues and quality problems.
- Review and advise on part feasibility studies on new and existing projects as required
- Assists in leading the Mold Flow Analysis stage
- Review designs for quality and accuracy as well as improvement suggestions for optimal molding conditions.
- Coordinates with the design team to complete the design within the job's milestones and within budget.
- Co-ordinates with the Engineering Manager for additional resources in peak workload times
- Works closely with program manager on all aspects relating to the part data and mold design through the mold design/build process.
- Mentor Senior and Junior level staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills
- High level of technical aptitude and knowledge of mold design
- High standard of professionalism and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and responsibility for one's work
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated trustworthiness and reliability
- Demonstrated results-driven approach
- Ability to demonstrate self-motivation and teamwork
Education & Experience:
- 10+ years of experience required
- Education in Mechanical Engineering (Diploma or Degree) considered an asset
- Preferred experience in plastics or injection mold industry with 2 shot rotary mold exposure.
- NX software experience considered an asset but willing to train
For more information:
Our corporate culture is centered on teamwork and our employees are our greatest asset. If you are excited to find out more about what Windsor Mold Group can offer we urge you to apply! Visit our website at www.windsormoldgroup.com for more information.
Windsor Mold is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs. Please review our accessibility policies on our website at www.windsormoldgroup.com.