Slizzard Studios Inc.
Full Time Contract
Toronto / Remote (International)
Slizzard, a fully independent game studio working on an exciting new title and IP, is looking for an environment artist to join us as a core part of the team.
As the Environment Artist, you will play an essential role in realizing our vision of a new and original fictional world. You will work closely with talented concept artists and engineers to create stunning visual scenes that command the attention of players and prospective customers.
- Professional experience creating 3D environments for games
- Experience building complete scenes from scratch
- Exceptional modeling and texturing skills; ability to create AAA quality assets quickly and efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to follow efficient workflows that maximize early iteration
- Strong visual composition fundamentals
- Ability to translate the essence and style concept art to 3D environments
- Technical understanding of 3D rendering pipelines and ability to manage performance concerns
- Obsession with quality
- Ambition to grow into a leadership role as the team expands
- Experience in modern material design workflows
- Comfortable working in game engine editors
- Comfortable working in Blender
- Basic animation capability
- Experience creating shaders to accomplish visual effects
- Competitive salary
- Flexible hours
- Opportunity to be on the ground-floor of an exciting new venture
The chosen candidate will become responsible for one of the most important outward facing aspects of a new IP. If you are up to the challenge and want to be a meaningful part of something new, please send your portfolio and resume to the following address with “Environment Artist” as the subject field: