Environmental Assessment Specialist
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an Environmental Assessment Specialist to join our Environmental Assessment (EA) team on a full-time/temporary basis based in Ottawa, Kingston or the surrounding area. The successful candidate will be part of the team responsible for conducting provincial EAs and federal impact assessments (IAs), supporting consultation and engagement activities with external stakeholders and preparing EA/IA documentation for power, infrastructure and mining projects. The EA team is also responsible for managing multi-disciplinary teams during the environmental permitting and construction/post-construction monitoring stages of projects.
An overview of your role will include:
- Assisting Intermediate and Senior EA practitioners in the preparation and implementation of environmental impact assessment, permitting and engagement materials
- Managing small to medium EA or environmental permitting projects, or assisting Intermediate and Senior EA practitioners in the management of large inter-disciplinary and multi-stakeholder EA, environmental permitting and environmental construction monitoring projects, including project scheduling, tracking budgets, and preparing regular progress reports
- Coordinating technical work of others ensuring deliverables are provided in a timely manner
- Planning for and/or participating in meetings and consultation events
- Writing, compiling, and editing engagement materials and environmental impact assessment report sections
- Providing logistical support for environmental field programs
You will have a background in:
- Master's of Environment and Sustainability (M.E.S), and/or Master's or Bachelor of Science Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, or Environmental Engineering
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent writing, organizational, and management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented and can work independently with limited direction but also as part of a team
- Focus and commitment to providing quality deliverables in a timely fashion
- Ability to function in a team setting, accept responsibility, and work to deadlines
- Ability to travel between offices in the GTA required at times
- Experience/familiarity with consultation and engagement support, including engagement tracking software (e.g. Borealis, Staketracker) would be an asset
- Experience/familiarity with the environmental planning of power, infrastructure or mining projects would be an asset
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 15 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder, now a member of WSP, is a leading, global consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder Associates Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), and all other applicable legislation. Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.