Environmental Assessment Specialist
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an Environmental Assessment Specialist to join our Environmental Assessment (EA) team on a full-time basis based in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA)or remotely.
Your role will include:
- Writing, compiling, and editing environmental impact assessment report sections, permitting and engagement materials
- Providing logistical support for environmental field programs
- Planning for and/or participating in meetings and consultation events
- Providing leadership and guidance to junior staff
- Managing small to medium EA or environmental permitting projects, or assisting Senior EA practitioners in the management of large inter-disciplinary and multi-stakeholder EA, environmental permitting and environmental construction monitoring projects, including project scheduling, tracking budgets, and preparing regular progress reports
- Liaise regularly and frequently with clients and project team to offer support and guidance
- Coordinating technical work of others ensuring deliverables are provided in a timely manner
- Master's of Environment and Sustainability (M.E.S), and/or Master's or Bachelor of Science Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, or Environmental Engineering
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent writing, organizational, and management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail-oriented and can work independently with limited direction but also as part of a team
- Focus and commitment to providing quality deliverables in a timely fashion
- Ability to function in a team setting, accept responsibility, and work to deadlines
- Ability to travel between offices in the GTA required at times
- Experience with environmental planning and assessment in the nuclear industry is preferred
- Experience/familiarity with the environmental planning of power, nuclear, infrastructure or mining projects would also be an asset
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 15 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder, now a member of WSP, is a leading, global consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder Associates Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), and all other applicable legislation. Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities upon request.