At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an Environmental Engineer/Scientist to join our Environmental Remediation team on a full-time basisbased in Ottawa, Ontario.
An overview of your role will include:
You will have a background in:
- Participation in a team environment, working closely with and supporting Project Directors, Project Managers, and Field Technicians
- Developing, directing, and implementing environmental field work and assist with technical reporting related to environmental site assessments, environmental assessments, human health and ecological risk assessments, hydrogeological assessments, monitoring, and remediation projects
- Participate in the coordination, and implementation of small to large environmental site assessment projects
- Ability to use spreadsheets skillfully
- Data tabulation, compare the results to site-specific regulatory guidelines and/or protocols and data QA/QC to support technical reports
- Create, execute, and revise work plans to meet Project Director and Project Manager's requirements
- Co-present and communicate technical reports and documents to clients, regulators, and peers
- Collaborate with other disciplines on multidiscipline projects
- Provide excellent service to existing and potential clients and build client relationships
- Bachelor's degree in related field (Geoscience and/or Engineering)
- 3-5 years of direct experience in contaminated site assessments, site monitoring and remediation
- Must be registered or eligible to register in the future for P.Eng. or P.Geo. in Ontario
- Extensive experience in writing reports with respect to soil and groundwater monitoring programs, Phase I and II environmental site assessments, risk assessment, and site remediation
- Sound understanding of the need for health and safety procedures in the workplace and possess a safety conscious attitude
- Strong interpersonal, communication and key judgment skills
- Willingness to work in the field on projects as needed
- A valid driver's license
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 13 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder Associates Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), and all other applicable legislation. Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.