Environmental Field Technician
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder is currently seeking an Environmental Field Technician to join our team on a 1-year contract based in Ottawa . The successful candidate will join our growing Contaminated Sites team serving our large oil and gas client.
An overview of your role will include:
- Preparing and adhering to site-specific health and safety plans to mitigate or eliminate risks to you, Golder's clients, employees, and the public
- Identifying and reporting potential and existing site hazards, near loss incidents, and loss incidents
- Maintaining excellent field notes and collecting and handling soil and groundwater samples
- Carrying out fieldwork (i.e. groundwater monitoring, K-test data collection and analysis, soils sampling through test pit excavations or borehole drilling, subcontractor supervision, and drilling investigations, etc.) or office assignments under the direction of more experienced scientists and technical employees
- Supervising subcontractors for ground disturbance and utility location, surveying, borehole drilling, groundwater monitoring well installation, and test pit excavation
- Overseeing remedial contractors including directing remedial excavations, waste tracking and progress reporting
- Preparing and coordinating project documentation, subcontractors, and equipment for field programs
- Filing and managing all project-related field notes including some data entry and assistance with report preparation
- Performing and recording work tasks as requested efficiently and accurately while adhering to current industry standards and regulatory requirements
You will have a background in:
- Diploma in environmental sciences
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude, willingness to learn and the ability to work with little supervision
- A minimum of one year of experience in contaminated site assessments
- Strong awareness of health and safety issues and a safety conscious attitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with particular attention to detail and accuracy of field notes
- A valid driver's license
- Previous experience with soil and groundwater sampling is an asset
- Eligibility for professional certification is an asset
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 13 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder Associates Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), and all other applicable legislation. Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.