Environmental, Health and Safety Consultant (Associate Level)
ERM Consultants Canada Ltd.
Due to the success and growth of our Canadian team, ERM is seeking a bright, motivated and well-rounded Environmental, Health and Safety Consultant to join our Ontario/Quebec teams. ERM delivers a wide range of services related to EHS regulatory compliance, EHS program development, management systems, due diligence transaction evaluations auditing, training, and EHS risk management. As a member of the team, you will develop protocols, programs and registers to support Client’s assurance programs, assist with environment, health and safety audits, provide support in the development of EHS management systems, evaluate baseline data of properties undergoing transactions, and support the continued growth of our Canadian team. You will be supported, trained and mentored by your team members throughout your career, and be part of ERM’s global network of sustainability professionals.
We are looking for a fully bilingual (French/English) staff who can support both our Quebec and Ontario teams.
- Develop environmental, health and safety programs related to a wide range of manufacturing industries including chemical, mining, pharmaceutical and food and beverage manufacturing sites.
- Assist in the preparation of environmental approvals and completion of regulatory reporting.
- Develop registers, protocols and programs to support EHS management systems.
- Auditing industrial facilities against EHS regulations and company internal standards.
- Support mergers and acquisitions due diligence projects that incorporate EHS components.
- Determine regulatory applicability and documenting rationale based on specific site conditions and operations.
- Communicate with clients, technical resources, and team members to control budget, schedule and scope.
- Responsibilities may reflect the candidate’s strengths (e.g., Environmental or Health & Safety) but an interest in the integrated EHS area is expected.
- University degree in a relevant field (e.g., science, engineering, occupational health, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (fluency in French and English is required).
- 2-7 years of relevant work experience either consulting or industry in an EHS role.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to establish client relationships. Ability to interact with senior management as well as frontline employees in an industrial setting.
- Ability to work independently or with a team to accomplish complex tasks.
- Flexibility to handle multiple assignments while meeting strict deadlines.
- Familiarity with standard office software applications such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
- Knowledge of EHS management and environmental management systems.
- EHS auditing experience.
- Transaction experience, completing Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
- Understanding of the Canadian regulatory environment.
- Experience working in a global environment and with colleagues and clients in other countries.
- Participation or a leadership role in volunteer organizations demonstrating commitment to field of expertise.
- Willingness to travel and spend time out of the office (up to 50% of time).
- Professional Designation (or working towards) such as a CIH, P.Eng, EP(CEA) or similar.
- We pride ourselves on having a strong team in Canada that excels at developing networks across ERM. The ideal candidate is a strong team player who can work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams and other ERM offices.
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!