Environmental Health & Safety Assistant
Terri Rennie Consulting Inc.
30+ days ago
EHS ASSISTANT, VAUGHAN ON
The EHS Assistant will provide administrative support to the EHS Environmental Health & Safety Department.
This is a newly created role as the department continues to grow, meaning additional growth opportunities for YOU in the future!
APPLICANTS MUST BE PRESENTLY ENROLLED IN, OR HAVE RECENTLY GRADUATED FROM A RECOGNIZED ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY PROGRAM.
- Ensure compliance of plant programs, policies, and procedures with respect to Health & Safety legislation and corporate policy.
- Maintain all Physical Demands Analysis and Hazard Assessments.
- Provide direction for occupational hygiene concerns and hazardous material management (M.S.D.S.).
- Lockout Placard Development.
- JHA/Risk Assessments
- Maintain Material Safety Data Sheets systems, and Contractor Database system.
- Assist in the developing and implementation of new programs.
- Perform other duties as requested by the EHS Department.
- Filing for HSE.
- Responsible to protect own health and safety by working in compliance with established safe work practices and procedures.
- Responsible for looking for new ways to improve safety, quality and productivity.
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- MUST BE presently enrolled in a Health & Safety or Environmental program at a College or University.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Effective organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act or Environmental regulations
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent