Magna International Inc.
Job Number: 26058
Group: Cosma International
Division: Massiv Automated Systems
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
MASSIV Automated Systems, an advanced technology based division of Magna International Inc., specializes in the design and build of automated / robotic assembly lines for the automotive industry. Our areas of expertise include hemming (robotic and table top), laser welding, and assembly line welding. Our customers include other divisions within Magna and the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) such as General Motors, Chrysler and Ford.
We are a true global supplier to the automotive industry! Our assembly lines provide a diverse range of automotive products such as doors, hoods, liftgates and underbody parts to customers in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Asia and Europe.
- 5 years’ experience as an Ergonmist in the automotive manufacturing industry
- A bachelor’s degree in ergonomics or a related discipline such as kinesiology, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, or human factors or equivalent experience and/or education.
- Registration with the Association of Canadian Ergonomists (ACE) and/or Canadian College for the Certification of Professional Ergonomists (CCCPE) is an asset.
- Specialist knowledge of ergonomic assessment tools and of principles and practices in musculo-skeletal injury prevention.
- Effectively communicate in writing and when presenting information orally to a variety of audiences
- Highly motivated, with superb interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Able to work under pressure with tight deadlines and fluctuating schedules.
- Superior time management skills and the ability to multi-task with multiple projects
- Hold a valid passport and driver’s license with a good driving record for travel to client locations
- Review and assess all current and new product and assembly processes to ensure they are compliant with both corporate and Ministry of Labour approved Ergonomic Guidelines.
- Perform virtual and physical ergonomic assessments using standard ergonomic analysis tools and/or Digital Human Modeling to identify and prioritize ergonomic risk factors to comply with corporate guidelines and standards to improve operator efficiency, quality, reduce cost and improve operator injury and safety.
- Work with Industrial, Tooling, Product, and facility Engineering to assess proposed element moves and layout changes.
- Work with all plant functions to help reduce safety KPI’s: Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR), and Lost Time Incident Rate (LTIR), including zero off/non standards due to ergonomic issues target.
- Coach employees how to work within ergonomic guidelines.
- Collaborate with OSH programs to ensure policies align & support remote working
- Maintain plant ergonomics log, organizing and chairing plant ergonomics meetings to ensure tracking and closure of the issues.
- Provide ergonomic updates at the Plant meetings.
- Working with the Workplace Integration (WPI) launch team as part of a cross functional team to ensure workstation readiness and compliance with ergonomic standards.
- Develop and deliver ergonomic training for employees, management and Joint Health and Safety Committee members, as required.
- Work with other Ergonomists within the Corporation to update ergonomic standards and read across lessons learned.
- Complete Job Safety Risk Assessments and Risk Predictions (at Task and Movement levels) as necessary.
- Assist in layout creation / recommendations for Operator Station / Part presentation / Logistics set up at customer plants, while keeping OSHA guidelines.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.