Events and Communications Assistant
Position: Events and Communications Assistant
Department: Georgetown Hospital Foundation (GHF)
Status: TemporaryFull-time(8 weeks beginning August 9, 2021 to September 30, 2021)
Hours: Monday – Friday – 37.5 hours per week (total of 300 hours)
Note: Days of the week can vary depending on special event dates.
This is what you’ll be doing:
Under the direction of the Associate Director, Philanthropy and Events, the Events and Communications Assistant will be supporting the fundraising and community outreach activities of the Georgetown Hospital Foundation on a contract basis for eight weeks from August to the end of September.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Monitoring critical paths and executing assigned event tasks
- Data entry
- Meeting minute taking
- Liaising with suppliers/vendors/donors,
- Logistics support at events
- Assisting with social media and website content
- Coordinating volunteers
- General office duties and support
This is what you’ll need to do it:
We are looking for an outgoing individual who will demonstrate our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and excellence which guide our individual behaviours and activities.
- Familiarity with the Halton Hills community an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish positive relationships with a broad range of internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated knowledge using varioussocial media channels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accurate data entry skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Application
- Must be comfortable working in an office setting as well as out in the public representing GHF
- Flexible availability to attend special events
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information
Please submit your application on-line via www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
Posting Date: June 17, 2021
Internal applications due by: June 18, 2021
External applications due by: June 25, 2021
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and are committed to excellence as we are, we'd like to hear from you.Please submit your application via the Halton Healthcare website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume with cover letter.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Actand theOntario Human Rights Code,Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process.If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone'scooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns