(External) English Responsibilities:
The Field Services Health, Safety & Environment Specialist is in charge to ensure full safety for every people involved in Field Services Operations (Northern Ont, Quebec and Atlantic) of the organization to which you are reporting.As such you must develop & implement effectively: safety procedures, processes, and all related training actions.You also must organize and participate to Safety audits and all control actions.You act as the Safety correspondent of the HSE Director to whom you report and might have to escalate any dangerous situation identified.When accident occurs, you are in charge to lead investigation with relevant peoples involved and put in place all corrective action plan.You also are in charge to lead and deploy environment plan to ensure consistency with Corporate and local engagement in that domain.In most cases, you combine this responsibility with the Cyber Security Champion role (see detailed mission in a separate document). Lead in accordance with the principles of the Schneider Electric Performance System (SPS), our policies and our values, close collaboration with internal partners will be necessary to ensure the application of health, safety, environment and building management policies in order to contribute to our operational excellence.
Activities and area of responsibility
- Foster â€œSafety firstâ€ culture among the team by leading by example and promoting â€œSafety firstâ€ behavior among the whole organization stating by management.
- Lead the preparation of certification audits (COR, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 50001) where applicable.
- Educate Field Service population and especially FSR on risk they are exposed to
- Providing occupational health and safety training
- Identifying, investigate risks and recommend solutions to rectify any risks
- Ensure Employee full awareness and preparation for every related Safety topic by making training available + tracking their effective realization and animating permanent & adapted safety communication whatever the support and cadence
- Develop a culture of reporting accidents and near misses, follow up investigations and assist in the creation of action plans to prevent re-occurrence
- Identify the proper safety tools and PPE (Personal protective equipment) required to work safety.
- Verify compliance by ensuring the completion of the safety audit program by supervisor and keeping records that demonstrates compliance and regularly participate.
- Drive subcontractorâ€™s Pre-qualification procedure for contractors used in service with procurement and operations and help to ensure that contractors comply with the same standards as SE employees.
- Provide emergency response training to employees
Safety topic animation
- Ensure management integrate safety process end to end into the execution of Service
- Collect and report on Safety and Health data
- Verify that the inspecting of sites, cars & realize Field Service Representative Audits are occurring
- Review completed audits where HSE was not present
- Work with teams to develop corrective actions from any non-conformances in audits or FLRA.
- Being part of the health and safety community at the Location level
- Engage and support location with customer interaction on safety concerns. Work to find acceptable solutions.
- Being continually aware of industry practices & trends that affects services personnel
- Maintain and harmonized safety procedures with Corporate of all local health and safety procedures
- Support and engage with Safety Council.
- Producing management reports, newsletters, and bulletins.
- Maintains required records, prepares reports and files as necessary to meet corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Organize, train fire wardens, and coordinate emergency response plans and drills.
- Interface and assist various business units with prequalification paperwork and 3rd party safety platforms including AVETTA, BROWZ, ISN, Comply Works, etc.
FSR, Execution Team Manager, Execution Director, Sales Director, FSVP, Corporate Safety team, Customer Satisfaction Champion, Planners, Customers, FS HR, FS finance Leader, Tendering Team Manager, Tendering Leaders.
Key Success Factors
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Familiar with FSR tasks and equipment types
- Operational Leadership
- Straight to the point.
Performance Measurements (KPIâ€™s)
- Medical incident
- Safety Plan implementation
- Safety opportunities.
(External) English Qualifications:
Education and skills
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree or Diploma in occupational safety; Engineering or related Sciences
- Field Services or Safety sensitive environment Experience (5-10 yrs)
- Managerial experience would be a plus
- Bi-lingual (French/English) is a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in both English and French.
- Ability to proficiently address multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and able to meet deadlines.
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office platform.
- Travel via auto and air at least 50% of time within the eastern provinces of Canada including Northern Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edwards Island, and Newfoundland.
- Must maintain a valid operatorâ€™s license
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
(External) English Company Boiler Plate:
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
â‚¬25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.