Financial Analyst - Valuations
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, we rely on our professionals to provide exceptional service, and help our clients by providing advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.Your opportunity:
The Financial Analyst will play an active role in supporting management in business valuation and related mandates. This includes valuations prepared in the context of financial reporting, transaction advisory, tax planning and litigation support. The candidate will report to the Toronto Valuation Practice Leader.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Play an active role in carrying out business valuation mandates, in particular:
- Participate in discussions and meetings with management of the companies involved;
- Analyze company and industry-specific strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to determine the cash flow risks of the companies involved;
- Participate in the financial modelling used for the valuation;
- Draft detailed valuation reports and presentations to management;
- Conduct industry specific research and other research tasks as directed by the Valuations team;
- Develop relationships with BDO's current and prospective clients as well as with other BDO service groups;
- Provide ongoing communication with the Valuations team concerning file execution and service area development initiatives;
- Develop an understanding of the business development activities required to support this type of practice (for future career development); and
- Assist in the ongoing training and development of professional staff within the service area.
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
- You understand your clientâ€™s industry, challenges, and opportunities; client describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development.
Your experience and education
- A Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or other related field
- A CPA accounting designation (or near completion)
- Must be willing to pursue a CBV designation
- Bilingual in English & French is required
- 1 year working experience in an accounting or Valuations/M&A practice
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
- Firm success - We enable you to engage with the firm's strategic plan, and be a key contributor to the success and growth of the firm.
- Professional success - We help you be the best professional you can be in our services, industries and markets.
- Personal success - Achieve your personal goals outside of the office and make an impact on your community.
Giving back, it adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and flexible time off through vacation, personal, and volunteer days. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours, and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click â€œApply nowâ€ to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out ourcareers page.