Finish Worker/Spray Painter
This role offers opportunities for growth, cross-training, and advancement.
- Select appropriate paint or mix paints using mixing equipment according to a pre-determined formula.
- Clean and maintain painting and coating, ventilation, compressed air, and personal protective equipment.
- Mark, record, and report defects.
- Clean and prepare worksite.
- Signal to equipment and line operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
- Operate, read, and maintain air monitoring and other sampling devices when working in confined spaces and/or hazardous environments.
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
- Other duties as required.
- On-time and reliable.
- 1+ year experience in spray painting and a critical eye for identifying defects.
- Knowledge of appropriate materials, methods, and tools.
- Experience in cabinetry would be an asset.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and stand, walk, bend, etc. for 8 hours a day.
- Effective English reading, writing, and comprehension skills.
- Time management, prioritization skills, and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and can work without direct supervision.
We offer competitive wages along with a comprehensive benefits package including extended health care, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, vacation, company RRSP, free on-site parking, work-life balance (no weekend work), and much more.
All team members will be provided training and cross-training in a variety of roles throughout the Merits manufacturing process.
We are proud to be an inclusive workplace committed to building a team culture. Merit Kitchens provides opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, persons with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
About Merit Kitchens:
It was 50 years ago that Merit Kitchens was founded by craftspeople in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, and began providing Western Canada with high-quality kitchen cabinets. The company has long since grown into a world-class supplier of beautiful cabinetry, representing superior quality and extraordinary value. Today, Merit’s product can be found in homes throughout Canada, the United States, and parts of Asia. Our Mission it to profitably manufacture cabinets of uncompromising quality while delivering a unique and positively branded experience to our customers, team members and stakeholders alike.