Fleet Vehicle and Commercial Equipment Refinishing / Painter
30+ days ago
- This is not an entry level job, trade experience is required.
- Alcohol and drug testing program in place. Pre-employment screening is mandatory.
We are currently looking to fill a position for Commercial Equipment and Fleet Vehicle Refinishing at our Calgary facility. We need a painter who is familiar with refinishing fleet vehicles, commercial trucks, truck bodies, and/or specialized equipment. The main products used are PPG Delfleet, Axalta Imron, Endura EX-2C, and Jones Blair Acrylithane.
Fleet Works is a repair and paint facility specializing in fleet vehicles, commercial vehicles and specialized equipment. We offer collision repair, auto body, refinishing, mechanical services, other repair and installation services to our business customers in the Southern Alberta area.
- Complete work assignments following company guidelines and supplier specifications to meet our customer requirements.
- Be organized and accountable for the proper completion of projects.
- Inspection of projects prior to refinishing to ensure all prep and repair work is complete.
- Refinishing operations including cleaning, masking, prepping, application of paint materials, etc.
- Detailing of paint work including unmasking, inspection, touch ups, buffing, minor reassembly, etc.
- Supplying the basic tools required to complete the tasks. The company supplies specialized tools, paint application equipment guns, pots, etc.
- Support the timeline objectives of the company which may require the working of overtime to complete projects on time.
- Maintain a good work attitude and cooperate with managers and fellow employees in a positive spirit of teamwork.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
- Experience with the following products would be beneficial:
- Endura EX-2C polyurethane topcoats and epoxy primers.
- Jones Blair Acrylithane topcoats and related primers.
- PPG Delfleet line of products.
- Axalta Imron line of products.
- An automotive refinishing certificate would be beneficial, but not required. We will train and support enrollment in the apprenticeship program for those wanting to upgrade.
Position Characteristics and Workplace Factors:
- General physical skills carrying; lifting – 50 lbs., squatting, kneeling, pushing, standing, sitting, walking, reaching and pulling extensively.
- Repetitive motion
- On the job exposure to the following elements:
- Dirt, dust.
- Chemicals / toxins.
- Heat / cold.