Forestry Supervisor - Operations
Princeton, BC, CA
6 days ago
Weyerhaeuser Princeton Timberlands is accepting applications for the position of Forestry Supervisor. As the successful candidate you will be part of an empowered and professional team that manages forestry operations in the Similkameen and Okanagan Regions of Southern British Columbia. The team is responsible for providing the Weyerhaeuser sawmill in Princeton and other wood using facilities in the region with 1.2 million m3/year of wood from TFL 59, forest licenses, management agreements and wood purchases.
Your assignment will be based out of our Princeton office working within the Operations Team reporting to the Operations Superintendent.
The Operations Team is responsible for timber harvest & haul and associated road development and maintenance activities. As part of this team your specific duties would include:
* Providing safety leadership within Weyerhaeuser as well as amongst contractors,
* Ensuring compliance with safety, contractual and environmental management systems,
* Developing harvest schedules including the resulting log delivery, quality and cost forecasting,
* Supervising contractors conducting Road construction and Harvest Operations,
* Road monitoring and management of annual maintenance and deactivation activities
* Negotiation of contracts and road maintenance agreements
Other duties may include log purchase and sales, equipment productivity studies and rate modeling, cycle time management, log truck and harvesting equipment telematics analysis, waste & residue management scaling management, fire preparedness, environmental audits, etc.
* Demonstrated leadership in safety
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, and develop effective working relationships
* Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member
* Registered or eligible for ABCFP registration
* A preference of a minimum of 5 years’ experience in forest operations or operational planning, however, candidate with lesser experience may be considered for a Professional Development Candidate role.
We have been in business for 120 years and believe strongly in our core values of safety, integrity, citizenship and sustainability. The company has been named as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 6 years and has achieved numerous other awards and recognition that can be found on our website. We manage 8.6 million acres of licensed forested lands in Canada and own or control approximately 12.4 million acres of forested lands in the United States, all managed to Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) standards. Our 36 manufacturing facilities in North America produce lumber, oriented strand board, engineered wood products, veneer, plywood and medium density fiber board.
We offer a competitive salary, a performance based incentive plan, comprehensive benefits and the opportunity to grow your career at sites in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario and across the U.S.
Check us out atwww.weyerhaeuser.com
Situated at the confluence of the Similkameen and Tulameen Rivers, Princeton is an hour away from the south Okanagan and 3 hours from the Lower Mainland. Recreation amenities in and immediately adjacent to town include an 18 hole golf course, a curling rink, an indoor arena, an outdoor pool, ATV trails, mountain bike trails, and groomed nordic ski trails. The town hosts an annual rodeo, an outdoor music festival, and is home to a regional library, a museum and an active community theater group.
Regionally within an hour’s drive are two ski resorts (Manning Park Resort, Apex Mountain Resort), two nordic centers, two provincial parks, and an endless supply of lakes, hills, mountains and trails to explore. Within this beautiful natural setting, hunting, fishing, camping, hiking and white water kayaking are some of the many outdoor pursuits enjoyed by local residents.
For more information about Princeton, go towww.princeton.ca
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core valuesand we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team./
Job:Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction*
Title: *Forestry Supervisor - Operations*
Requisition ID:** *01016799*