12 days ago
Profire Energy Inc. is an oilfield-technology company and a leading provider of Combustion Management Systems and associated equipment for the oil and gas industry. With offices locations in Acheson, Alberta; Utah, Texas, Pennsylvania, and Oklahoma. Profire is a publicly traded company positioned for aggressive future growth.
THE POSITION: This full-time position is in Acheson, Alberta at our recently built product development facility. This facility is focused on spurring growth across the company through the development of new technologies, products, and customer strategies.
You will work as a member of the new product development team helping to develop full stack solutions for a series of new micro-startups within the company. Each project will transition from initial concept to final product following a lean startup methodology. As projects progress you will be a key influence in determining which tools to use, technology architecture, and design implementation.
This role will be primarily oriented towards new technologies, new sales channels, and products in new markets for Profire Energy. Projects may include the collaborative development of SAAS (software as a service) platforms, e-commerce sales channels, landing pages for new technology products, integration with remote equipment monitoring and work with AI/ML projects.
▪ Work with the product development team to architect and build customer facing front end web applications.
▪ Assist with integrating data generated from field equipment and internal sources into a server backend for use with a customer portal.
▪ Use secure methods for data gathering and storage.
▪ Work with an AI/ML (artificial intelligence/machine learning) team to help develop new methods of predictive analytics and services.
▪ Research and propose new tools, languages, and technologies to best fit projects at different stages of their lifecycle (minimum viable prototype vs production product).
▪ Strategically help test new product ideas in relation to lean startup methodologies by creating product web tests (landing pages) and prototypes.
▪ Work with the marketing team to gather insight and data to help the team create and understand key buyer personas and target growth marketing tactics accordingly.
▪ Use customer feedback to optimize customer facing design and user experience strategy.
In this role you will have support from multiple teams across the company and access to necessary resources to accomplish the projects at hand. We are interested in team members that are excited about creating new innovative products and who are open to trying and learning new methods of product development strategy.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
▪ Capable and experienced in full stack development with front end web applications, back-end server-side implementation and databases.
▪ Strong skills in architecture design and coding in modern languages. We are open to a variety of UI frameworks and backend languages.
▪ Self-starter and continuous learner who is open to work through problems to discover new and innovative solutions.
▪ Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
▪ Open to creative solutions, consistent feedback, and constant iteration.
▪ Eager to be involved with entrepreneurial projects, with the potential for substantial growth.
• Have a startup mindset.
• Want to have fun, be creative and work with innovative products across multiple markets including internationally.
• AI/ML interest or experience.
• Industrial Scada, IT or networking experience.
• Experience with SaaS, ecommerce, or remote monitoring platform development.
• Familiarity working with physical (hardware) and virtual (software) product offerings, such as LoRawan, GPS, satellite or data gathering.
• Degree in computer science or equivalent, but not required.
• RRSP matching program.
• New product development building with test lab and prototyping workshop.
• Private fitness center and golf simulator.
• Easy going, technically capable and fun team. Lots to learn and share with other members.
• Focused on a good work – life balance.