Furniture Repair Technician Career Opportunity
Ashley HomeStore is currently seeking a Furniture Repair Technician for our Saskatoon Distribution Centre located at 165 Lispett Cres.
As a Furniture Repair Technician you will be responsible for Repairs and refinishes furniture, including case goods, upholstery, leather, and some electronic furniture products.
Ashley is committed to investing in our team members; we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits plan, educational assistance program and excellent employee discounts;
- Employer Sponsored Retirement Savings Plan;
- Career growth and continuous development;
- Respectful and family-oriented working environment with strong company values
- World class training programs;
- To work at one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies.
As the Furniture Repair Technician you will:
- Assess product to determine repair requirements
- Restore product to showroom condition using proven techniques, including refinishing, re-upholstery, painting, etc.
- Answer Customers’ questions before, during, and following repairs, including providing directions for future use and care of product
- Repair damaged stock and Customer product as scheduled by supervisor
- Document and complete service reports and paperwork (including the use of electronic reporting systems),
- Attend and support training on furniture repair topics.
- Inspect and validate repair parts.
- Operate and support maintenance requirements for service vehicles
- Understand and follow all safe work practices and rules including WHMIS
As a successful candidate you will have the following:
- High School diploma with practical work experience in furniture repair, upholstery, leather, woodworking or finish and fine carpentry
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as instructions for use, directions and safety manuals
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of MS Office products and ability to learn in-house computer programs
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate various hand and power tools, as well as larger machinery
- Ability to learn in-house inventory management system
- Good verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently and manage time effectively
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract
- Physically fit, able to lift and move objects up to 50 lbs.
- Able to conduct physical work in warm and cold conditions
- Some exposure to solvents
- Operate various equipment (hand trucks, power tools, spray booth, compressors, etc)
- Flexible schedule requirements including evenings and weekends
- Available to work overtime as required
- Criminal Record Check required
Plan Your Future With Us!
Ashley HomeStore welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.