Sofina Foods Inc.
Greater Toronto Area, CA
Shift: AM: 5.30am to 2pm / 5.45am to 2.15pm
PM: 2.45pm to 11.15pm / 3pm to 11.30pm
Hours of work: 40hrs/week
Rate: $19.44 per hour
Days of work: Mon to Fri
Working Conditions: Plant environment (cold: 0 to 4 Degrees)
- Take an active role in changeover procedures and achieve line speed efficiencies
- Visual quality checks of product against customer and internal specifications (including foreign materials and weight checks).
- Ability to maintain cleanliness of areas of responsibility.
- Adhere to individual Product Standard Operating Procedures for components and packaging material.
- Must wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and comply with Health and Safety requirements. including ensuring power is shut down on equipment prior to specified tasks.
- Packaging cooked or semi product on various meat production equipment.
- Verification of Best Before Date and labels.
- Supply packaging lines with boxes, films and labels.
- Inventory control of label room and staging area.
- Pack various meat products into trays/boxes.
- Operate slicing machine and weight scale when necessary.
- Other duties as required/assigned.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must be able to work with all types of meat products including pork.
- Must be able to work in a cold environment.
- Ability to stand and reach for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 25kgs.
Next Steps for qualified candidates:
- Submit your resume for consideration.
- A member of HR Team will contact qualified candidates to schedule a telephone interview.
- For selected candidates, we will undergo a criminal background check prior to joining.
- After which the selected candidates, will require to undergo a COVID-19 test prior to joining.