Brantford, ON, CA
30+ days ago
General Labourer (Vacuum Truck Services)
Wessuc is one of Ontario's leading resources for municipal, industrial and agricultural wastewater infrastructure and processes, with a focus on turning waste into value.
As a result of our continued growth in our dewatering, vacuum and clean-out services, we are looking for motivated General Labourers to join our team. An essential part of our vacuum operations crews, our attendants and confined spaces technicians keep the job running smoothly from start to finish by maintaining equipment on site, operating high pressure water systems and assisting the operator with the vacuum truck.
As a General Labourer with our Vac Services team, you will:
- Assist the operator in setting up sites efficiently and safely, including vacuum hoses, safety equipment and associated equipment;
- Service equipment on site and carry out preventative maintenance procedures to ensure that pumps, vehicles and equipment are fuelled, greased, and in proper working order;
- Clean out and working in confined spaces including waste water holding tanks, pump stations, and various other tanks at sewage treatment plants, water plants and processing facilities;
- Support and assist the foreperson in paperwork including CSE permits and all other required paperwork as part of daily operations;
- Assist in all divisions at Wessuc, may be required to help out in other divisions as operational needs arise.
- High school education;
- Mechanically inclined;
- Experience in the construction or wastewater industry an asset;
- Valid G or G2 drivers license with good driving record;
- Safety certifications of Confined Space Entry and Working at Heights are an asset;
- Ability to work in confined spaces; walk, bend, and lift 75 lbs.;
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule, work may include out of town work.
- Competitive wages with overtime paid after 44 hours;
- Comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, life and vision;
- Company matching RRSP-DPSP program;
- Boot allowance of $150 after one year of service;
- Supportive team work environment in a family owned and operated company;
- Opportunity for advancement.
Established in 2000, Wessuc is a family owned and operated business driven by its values. As leaders in our industry, we take pride in our commitment to safety and our use of innovative waste solution technologies. Our teams contribute to cleaner, greener, and sustainable communities every day.
Wessuc encourages all qualified candidates to apply. Should you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know by using the “Help” function in the application, or contacting our Human Resources team.